Anyone watch Improv Ice on NBC this afternoon? | Golden Skate

Anyone watch Improv Ice on NBC this afternoon?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
It was pretty good. Nicole Bobek was great and enthusiastic/happy to be there. Was she always so voluptuous? She looks like Marilyn Monroe now except with smaller hips. She is skating so well. Johnny Weir was good too. Nice to see costumes without the usual over the top. Styx was amazing, as good as ever, great voices.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Nicole was public several years ago in saying she had an "adjustment" to her bust.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I don't know who won...have the polls closed? When do they announce it? I voted for Nicole. I think Johnny Weir is way ahead with 39 % of the vote. So those two were the best. I have to give it to Nancy, she still loves to skate with her boys, her mom, supporting her brother. Nancy must be 45 maybe?

And skating to Styx. Mirai looked out of her element though she had tech content. Johnny did a triple triple, but Bobek looked like a sexy ice goddess for the song 'Lady." I wish the skating was up to the musicians. Styxx get better with age. The interviews were cute but Mirai still sounds 12. In another thread someone was saying it is getting annoying. I agree. Funny what was so cute and endearing a few years ago is no longer.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I don't know who won...have the polls closed? When do they announce it? I voted for Nicole. I think Johnny Weir is way ahead with 39 % of the vote. So those two were the best. I have to give it to Nancy, she still loves to skate with her boys, her mom, supporting her brother. Nancy must be 45 maybe?

And skating to Styx. Mirai looked out of her element though she had tech content. Johnny did a triple triple, but Bobek looked like a sexy ice goddess for the song 'Lady." I wish the skating was up to the musicians. Styxx get better with age. The interviews were cute but Mirai still sounds 12. In another thread someone was saying it is getting annoying. I agree. Funny what was so cute and endearing a few years ago is no longer.

I'm so glad someone else said this about Mirai sounding 12. I thought the same. Someone should have done a better job of editing the interviews. Saying that you're nervous because you've never done this before and you don't know who the band is won't get you the votes! Even Johnny said he didn't know them. If I were the band, I'd feel pretty annoyed. This isn't my kind of music but if you're going to do the show, put forth some enthusiasm, skaters!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I enjoyed the show overall (loved the skating cast), I still prefer the original Improv-Ice shows from the late 1990's/early 2000's. Wasn't the original concept Robin Cousin's?

The voting closes @ the Disson site on 1/31, so you still can vote once a day.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
While I enjoyed the show overall (loved the skating cast), I still prefer the original Improv-Ice shows from the late 1990's/early 2000's. Wasn't the original concept Robin Cousin's?

The voting closes @ the Disson site on 1/31, so you still can vote once a day.

Yes, Robin was involved with those. It's hard to believe they don't have rehearsal time. The songs seem selected not random in first round. I 'd rather see Kulik or Browning improv rather than Bradley. Robin was such a great talent, i enjoyed his show programs