Practice reports | Golden Skate

Practice reports

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
They are reporting over at FSUniverse that Alissa was not at today's practice.

EDIT : They are reporting that Ashley, Caroline and Mirai are looking good in practice.
Rachael .... not so good.

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Some twitter reports are also saying that Caroline has been landing 3loop/3loop...very nicely! ...and I believe Mirai had a solid LP run-thru with all triples (minus the Sal).

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm hoping since Mirai usually skates well at Nationals that she brings her A game and doesn't hold anything back.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
And Alissa (again per FSU practice reports) finally showed up and to quote FSU poster IceAlisa she did 'AWESOME!'

I have a good feeling about these Nationals. :biggrin:

I posted this elsewhere but I'll post it here again-@DougMattis tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/DougMattis
Sr Ladies Grp C on ice @USFigureSkating and Mirai and Agnes look particularly fit and fast over the ice. Sitting with Agnes's mom-so nice.
24 Jan Favorite Retweet Reply

DougMattis Doug Mattis
@ @Eris_27 Yes--Mirai opens her long with a screamin' fast 3loop2toe, and then the DA3toe.

DougMattis Doug Mattis
As a former Frank student, you get to know the body-language. When he crosses his arms for Mirai, he is saying "No shenanigans. DO IT."

DougMattis Doug Mattis
@USFigureSkating Mirai just did an amazing long program with every triple and spin. Frank has uncrossed his arms. #fFrankCarrolRules

DougMattis Doug Mattis
Clean short on practice by Ashley Wagner this am. The 3loop was particularly lovely--90mph. It FLEW. #2012SanJose @USFigureSkating

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Lovin that Alissa, Caroline & of course Mirai are having great practices. Lets bring that to the competition ice!! :) :clap:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I have a friend who is there. She has not seen any practices but she just called me and said she ran into Mirai and that Mirai was super chatty and kind and seemed excited and talked to her for about 5 minutes before Mirai was abruptly like 'oh but-I have to go!'. She mostly would/did not discuss figure skating but she calls Frank Mr. Carrol and did say that she loves 'everything about' how he coaches her and that she would travel twice as far to get to keep working with him. She also did say she is training triple toe triple toes and triple lutz triple toes and that she thinks they are 'really great' but that 'Mr Carrol will know' when she is ready to do them in competition. She just laughed when my friend asked about the triple axle rumor/reports.

lilshorty

On the Ice
And Alissa (again per FSU practice reports) finally showed up and to quote FSU poster IceAlisa she did 'AWESOME!'

I have a good feeling about these Nationals. :biggrin:

I posted this elsewhere but I'll post it here again-@DougMattis tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/DougMattis
Sr Ladies Grp C on ice @USFigureSkating and Mirai and Agnes look particularly fit and fast over the ice. Sitting with Agnes's mom-so nice.

DougMattis Doug Mattis
@ @Eris_27 Yes--Mirai opens her long with a screamin' fast 3loop2toe, and then the DA3toe.

DougMattis Doug Mattis
As a former Frank student, you get to know the body-language. When he crosses his arms for Mirai, he is saying "No shenanigans. DO IT."

DougMattis Doug Mattis
@USFigureSkating Mirai just did an amazing long program with every triple and spin. Frank has uncrossed his arms. #fFrankCarrolRules

DougMattis Doug Mattis
Clean short on practice by Ashley Wagner this am. The 3loop was particularly lovely--90mph. It FLEW. #2012SanJose @USFigureSkating

Thanks Sasha'sSpins. Glad to hear that the ladies look to be in top form. I can't wait for tonight!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks Sasha'sSpins. Glad to hear that the ladies look to be in top form. I can't wait for tonight!

And by now we know they mostly were! What an awesome SP! I'm a little disappointed for Mirai but it's not over yet-and this shows there was quite a bit of depth last night. On to the LP!

I have a friend who is there. She has not seen any practices but she just called me and said she ran into Mirai and that Mirai was super chatty and kind and seemed excited and talked to her for about 5 minutes before Mirai was abruptly like 'oh but-I have to go!'. She mostly would/did not discuss figure skating but she calls Frank Mr. Carrol and did say that she loves 'everything about' how he coaches her and that she would travel twice as far to get to keep working with him. She also did say she is training triple toe triple toes and triple lutz triple toes and that she thinks they are 'really great' but that 'Mr Carrol will know' when she is ready to do them in competition. She just laughed when my friend asked about the triple axle rumor/reports.

Thanks tulosai!

I'm glad Mirai mentioned she was training 3T/3T's and 3Z/3T's. If Frank feels she's not ready to uncork them in competition then-she's not ready. I trust Frank's judgement. What ever happens I hope she gets past this current slump (especially in PCS!!) and finds a choreographer that can get some great programs out of her.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai has got to want to improve like Caroline did. Right now she's not performing her programs at all. It's like she's ticking off the elements that she has to do but there is no emotional connection when she is skating nor do i see any personality showing. I just don't see any fire in her gut at this time. To be a champion you have to really want it and do everything in your power to become a champion. I have not seen that very often in the last two years.