The most beautiful ice princess of all | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The most beautiful ice princess of all

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Skating sure does have a lot of beauties, but my favorites are Sasha and Katia.

andante1139

Rinkside
Katia Gordeeva
Marie-France Dubreuil
Sasha Cohen
Miki Ando
Maia Shibuatani
Mao Asada
Yuka Sato

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
sasha is absolutely beautiful.
i think my favorite is alissa, she has the most GORGEOUS smile and such a sweet personality.
kiira korpi
ksenia makarova
tessa virtue
yuna kim
katia gordeeva
meryl davis, her makeup is always so pretty and perfect! her hair too.
julia lipnitskaia, although she is only 13, she is still very pretty
liza tuktamisheva
caitlin yankowskas is a blonde beauty
shizuka arakawa
gracie gold
ashley cain is just gorgeous, one of the prettiest IMO
ashley wagner
joannie rochette
alena leonova
mirai is just so dang cute when she smiles
rachael flatt also has a cute face
mariah bell has THE CUTEST face ever
caydee denney
agnes zawadzki has also grown up to be pretty
madison hubbell
adelina sotnikova
mao asada
nicole bobek

Last edited:

Rachael

On the Ice
Jenni Meno
Tanith Belbin
Alissa Czinny
Carol Heiss
Ashley Wagner
Kiira Korpi
Tenley Albright

I was reminded of how exquisite Meryl Davis is as I watched the ice dance free dance at Nationals. The neat thing about her looks is that they're so individual. In profile, she has a strong nose. Full on, she has unusually set eyes and a narrow face. Add those unconventional looks to her expressiveness and you have a really magnetic ice presence, which she has played up with richly colored costumes. I don't know whether I prefer her bronze dress from the short dance or that deep magenta free dance costume; both are stunning and set off her auburn hair fabulously.

Another person who could go on our list is U.S. ice dancer Lynn Kriengkrairut. Exceedingly stunning. I had never seen her before the ice dance telecast this afternoon. I gather that one or both of her parents are Thai. This is one wonderful thing about modern skating: people from everywhere are now taking part in the sport, so that nearly the full diversity of human beauty is being represented.

viv

On the Ice
I was reminded of how exquisite Meryl Davis is as I watched the ice dance free dance at Nationals. The neat thing about her looks is that they're so individual. In profile, she has a strong nose. Full on, she has unusually set eyes and a narrow face. Add those unconventional looks to her expressiveness and you have a really magnetic ice presence...

I couldn't agree more. She is really stunning.

And yesterday, I was also reminded of how lovely Evora Ladwig is. Her smile is especially warm and radiant.

skfan

Final Flight
And yesterday, I was also reminded of how lovely Evora Ladwig is. Her smile is especially warm and radiant.

if you mean amanda evora, i agree. evora ladwig is both lovely & handsome :laugh:

anyway, the loveliest will always be gordeeva. michelle's beauty didn't come from her looks as much as katia's did, although they are both my favorite skaters :)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Exotic Beauty:
Marina Annisina
Anjelika Krylova
Meryl Davis
Vanessa Crone
Miki Ando

Classical Beauty:
Katia Gordeeva
Alissa Czisny
Kiira Korpi
Ashley Wagner
Yu-na Kim
Peggy Fleming

Vivacious Beauty:
Tanith Belbin
Anna Cappellini
Murakami Kanako

Girl-next-door-beauty:
Mao Asada
Tessa Virtue
Maia Shibutani
Nathalie Pechalat
Janet Lynn
Dorothy Hamill

And my favorite category ;)...
You-are-one-sexy-mama-Beauty
Katarina Witt (who else!)
Madison Hubbell
Madison Chock
Kaitlin Weaver
Oops, can't forget her: Shae-Lynn Bourne

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
:laugh:at some people's selections. Although it's a good reminder that being graceful and beautiful at skating has little to do with the conventional kind of beauty which can be achieved merely by standing there. Here are my picks, which excludes anyone with the slightest bit of superficial flaw, because I'm exact, and anyone under 18, because no one that young deserves to have their looks picked apart and besides, they could always grow up ugly (or vice versa).

Katarina Witt
Katia Gordeeva
Shizuka Arakawa
Yuna Kim
Alissa Czisny (the only skater on here without an Olympic gold medal, but I'm American so I'm going to notice her more)

That's it! If a skater's not on this list, then U G L Y you ain't got no alibi (or isn't high profile enough for me to remember your mug).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
imo, there are only 2 bombshells when I think of vivacious and sexy

Katarina Witt and Elena Ilinykh ;)

if you mean amanda evora, i agree. evora ladwig is both lovely & handsome :laugh:

anyway, the loveliest will always be gordeeva. michelle's beauty didn't come from her looks as much as katia's did, although they are both my favorite skaters :)

Eeps! I must have been asleep when I typed that. Of course I meant Amanda Evora. So sorry.

gio

Medalist
Exotic Beauty:
And my favorite category ;)...
You-are-one-sexy-mama-Beauty
Katarina Witt (who else!)
Madison Hubbell
Madison Chock
Kaitlin Weaver
Oops, can't forget her: Shae-Lynn Bourne

These are the ones that I find particularly sexy/hot
Katarina Witt
Sasha Cohen
Diana Poth
Nicole Bobek
Shae Lynn Bourne
Miki Ando
Tanith Belbin

R.D.

Record Breaker
:laugh:at some people's selections. Although it's a good reminder that being graceful and beautiful at skating has little to do with the conventional kind of beauty which can be achieved merely by standing there.

Ha! Yeah, definitely some "interesting" choices I'm seeing on here...although this whole thing is very subjective, of course. And I'll probably see things differently than most people on this forum anyway.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
How can you forget your own girl! (The hair-do alone...)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5043/5215845817_dd8d42dcb8_z.jpg

I can't include her because, as parents the world over promised their kids, her face may get stuck like that if she keeps making those crazy faces.

Ha! Yeah, definitely some "interesting" choices I'm seeing on here...although this whole thing is very subjective, of course. And I'll probably see things differently than most people on this forum anyway.

I think a lot of people are listing their favorite skaters/the most beautiful movers on ice. For me at least, that doesn't overlap much with the most physically beautiful skaters. Mao Asada, Kiira Korpi, Viktoria Helgesson, Tessa Virtue and Elena Ilinykh stand out to me and some of the most graceful and beautiful in terms of skating nowadays. And while they're all very attractive people, they're not absolutely flawlessly beautiful while standing still (super nitpicky of me I know). But really, I'd rather have them make beauty on ice than just be beautiful.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think a lot of people are listing their favorite skaters/the most beautiful movers on ice. For me at least, that doesn't overlap much with the most physically beautiful skaters. Mao Asada, Kiira Korpi, Viktoria Helgesson, Tessa Virtue and Elena Ilinykh stand out to me and some of the most graceful and beautiful in terms of skating nowadays. And while they're all very attractive people, they're not absolutely flawlessly beautiful while standing still (super nitpicky of me I know). But really, I'd rather have them make beauty on ice than just be beautiful.

Yup. Never fails...

Anyway, I agree there is little to no overlap here. Like I said before, skaters that might have the looks may be in fact quite boring to watch on the ice because they have no originality. I see them as two completely different categories.

At the end of Rachael Flatt's long program, that smile she gave was so radiant that I have to put her on my list too. I know my list is long. But that's how I think of beauty. It's significant that my favorite painters are largely portraitists: Rembrandt, Vermeer, Gainsborough, Thomas Eakins, John Singer Sargent. Anyway, Rachael goes on my list.