Qualifications | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Qualifications

bekalc

Record Breaker
Polina Korobeynikova went clean! I hope she skates just as well in the competition. And I was crying they left Polina Shelepen home.
She scored 109.73, underscored in PCS which is a shame since she is a lovely skater. Maybe her PCS go up in the actual competition. 62 for TES is amazing considering last season she didn't have a 3Lz or a consistent 3F. Now she landed a 3F-3T and a 3Lz. Good girl. She might medal!

Her PC's will sky rocket soon with that jump content and the prettiness of her skating
She has more long term potential than Sheiepen.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
underscored again in PCS but hopefully she keeps this up throughout the competition
I also see in her skating a bit of Alissa and Carolina
Polina K. is a very artistic skater, and I agree she has the best long term potential along with Adelina

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Oh my, look at the protocol, not a single "<" or edge call. 7 clean triples. And she seems to get more consistent as the season goes by. Now I'm excited for her, hope she gets a medal!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
yes I checked it out no edge call, she has the best technique among the russian newbies along with tuktamysheva
I hope to see Polina K's qualification video. hope someone recorded it
she is so underrated yet very promising skater.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Great performance by Korobeynikova, hopefully she can skate a clean short and not let the pressure get to her. Skating like this she is a real medal threat.

Delighted to see Clara Peters get through, that's a pretty big PB for her.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=998

Skating to “Tango de Roxanne”, Plushenko landed a shaky quad toe, two triple Axels and three more triples to score 157.52 points. “I think this is the hardest one (competition) in my life. I had meniscus surgery at the beginning of the season, but I am still in pain. I need another surgery.The performance today wasn't my best, but for today it was good and I am happy with it”, Plushenko said. “Actually competing in the Preliminaries is very good for me, it is an extra run-through of my program. It was very important for me to go for the quad today, because I don't know how my knee reacts, it can be different each time. Also I pulled a muscle the other day in practice on the quad and I couldn't turn my head. To be honest, yesterday I wasn't sure if I could skate today. Actually I am proud of myself for skating today the way I did”, he continued.

oleada

Record Breaker
Nice to see the couple from Azerbaijan leading the way in the Ice Dance qualification. With a score like that they should be in the Top 10. Disappointing for the French couple and also taught the Turks would have been higher.

Well, the Azerbaijani couple is in reality Russian.

I'm very happy for Polina!

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
I `m very glad for Polina. I look for her skating since Russian Champ last season (2010-2011) where she skated one of the most incredible SP (Russian dance). She was so beautiful, so music. Even Tarasova admired then and told a lot of nice words about Polina.
This season Polina had the great progress in jumps. But now in russin team there is the great rivalry for the places . So Polina Korobeynikova has unique chance now (may be ones) to show her wonderful skating at Euoros. ( Next season Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva can go to Euoros and Worlds. And there coaches Tarasova and Mishin have much more influens then Polina`s coach Volchkova to push their girls to Russin team).
I want to say that last russin champ (Dec 2011) Korobeynikova jumped better than Sotnikova, Leonova, Makarova, Shelepen but was only 7 because of PCs. It`s politic.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If she makes a splash at Euros and Worlds, I'm sure the Russian Federation will fully suport her next season, especially considering how Sotnikova is currently skating. Also, Polina K missed her opening combo 3F-3T in her LP at nationals which lost her some big points. And she had a bad landing on her 3L in the SP. So while I think she was underscored, Adelina skated better. Polina K was off the podium, as it should be.

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
I didn`t tell that Polina K. must be on podium last Russians. But her PCs might be higher if they wanted her in Euoros. She took her place in team at Euoros almost accidently - Birukova fell 3 times in LP and Shelepen fell 2 times in SP. ( They didn`t make her visa as these girls).
Sotnikova had 4 bad jumpes from 7 in LP, Leonova - the same, Makarova - even worse. So Polina K. missing her combo 3F-3T and made step out on 3F still had only 2 mistakes on jumpes.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
I didn`t tell that Polina K. must be on podium last Russians. But her PCs might be higher if they wanted her in Euoros. She took her place in team at Euoros almost accidently - Birukova fell 3 times in LP and Shelepen fell 2 times in SP. ( They didn`t make her visa as these girls).
Sotnikova had 4 bad jumpes from 7 in LP, Leonova - the same, Makarova - even worse. So Polina K. missing her combo 3F-3T and made step out on 3F still had only 2 mistakes on jumpes.

I don't think its so much a coach thing as it is that until this year Polina didn't have really the jumps to be competitive with the rest of the Wonderbabies and was a bit inconsistent. Someone like Shelepen is more consistent. I can't imagine Polina's standing with the fed isn't going up up up.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Only fan's. Seems like he was just practicing here, for fun. But still he is far from his best shape. He is skating on injections and his stamina is probably not that great. Anyway, we'll see his "not just practicing" stuff a couple of days later. There might be some changes in jumps' layout I guess and the spins will be "spinner", at least for level 3. My speculations only.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywRBdWFHUw

Just noticed this. Thanks for the link.