Any live tv-coverage in any country? | Golden Skate

Any live tv-coverage in any country?

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Hey,
Just wondering if the championships will actually be shown live anywhere? I'm usually able to watch it through a swedish website, svt play, but seems they will not be broadcasting this year. Also very disappointed to see that the only live coverage on eurosport is the men's free on saturday. Don't think it's worth buying the eurosport player for that bit only. So what I'm wondering is if this championship will actually be shown live anywhere?
(I also saw on isu.org you can pay to watch there, but for some reason it does not work in the UK (where I am now, but will be in Sweden from friday, anyone knows if it works there?).
Really greatful for any information!
Thanks,
Amanda

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Sportbox in Russia will have them. However, it is geoblocked, and finding a good VPN to watch can be trickey. A lot of people using filesharing apps are also using these servers now, since sharing movies/music is not illegal in Russia. This puts quite a strain in the VPN servers, and this can be a problem when trying to watch videos. That was quite frustrating when I was watching Skate America on Sportbox last October. The VPN wouild constantly keep disconnecting, and I would have to reconnect to the VPN and then to the stream. Proxy connections will be slower coming out of Russia.

If you can find a decent proxy, Sportbox will have it. They will not have any of the "preliminary" rounds, but coverage will commence on Wednesday with Pairs Short and Short Dance, at 8:45 AM Eastern Standard Time (1:45 PM in Britain)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you and let's talk for the links. My fingers are crossed that they work here in the US.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
If you live in Europe and have a satellite dish, you may be able to tune into RAISPORT channels. RAISPORT 2 will broadcast live from 13.50 (UK time; 14.50 continental european time).

Kinga

Medalist
It is actully the first time that I have to watch Europeans on my computer screen.
I just want to say- RED CARD for EUROSPORT. Even when the national TVs were not broadcasting, Eurosport would always have covarage. Europeans had an 'iron' position in the schedule, although, I have to admit, they were sometimes disrupted with Australian Open, Africa Cup of Nations, snooker, etc. Nevertheless, somehow they would show almost everything, or at least two last flights (even if not live).
What is the point in showing GP series? Well, it seems that when they needed to fill their empty schedule between summer and winter season, figure skating was great. But when the winter season started, they even did not bother for GPF. The whole situation makes me VERY angry.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Thanks for the links! I didn't realise tv4 was now broadcasting instead of svt, that explain why I couldn't find any coverage on svt! At least now I know for sure I can see it starting friday :)