Junior Men's Free Skate | Golden Skate

Junior Men's Free Skate

icemusings

On the Ice
Warmup group is on the ice and we should be starting here any minute. Troy Tomasello is up first.

Hey, I'm an Emanuel Savary fan! I wasn't crazy about him after the SP, but this program suits him so much better. He's a lyrical skater, and such an amazingly happy one.(He should get together with Polina Edmunds.) Love the Ina Bauer at the beginning! Hopefully the jumps will get more solid.

Last edited:

icemusings

On the Ice
I'm not getting any either. I didn't get any for junior ladies last night. I think the person that does them is asleep on the job :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nathan Chan just rocked it tonight! Seven triples within five jumping passes (WOW!) and I absolutely LOVE his skating skills! 130+ score with no triple axel is amazing!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Nathan was very good. All of his jumps were right on. Really distanced himself from the other two medalists. Got a partial standing O from the crowd. I was standing up and cheering for him. During warmup, he fell on his lutz. HARD. Then regrouped and landed a triple lutz triple toe. I thought Philip Warren should score a bit higher than he got. His only mistake was a touchdown on a lutz? Dolensky was really tight the entire time. His jumps were scratchy and shaky. Should get -GOE on every single one of them.
All three didn't have the best ice coverage. They aren't the fastest in the group either.

Again, during the warm up, they skated freer and faster.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Junior ladies champion may well be able to do one. She did a dynamite 3F3T in her SP.

Which causes me to ask the question, if the senior ladies are every one a hot mess, could the USFS send Gracie Gold to Worlds or at least 4CC's rather than sending the poorer performing senior ladies to Junior Worlds, which is their usual MO.

The Junior ladies champion may well be able to do one. She did a dynamite 3F3T in her SP.

Which causes me to ask the question, if the senior ladies are every one a hot mess, could the USFS send Gracie Gold to Worlds or at least 4CC's rather than sending the poorer performing senior ladies to Junior Worlds, which is their usual MO.
Isn't it a tad early to crown Gracie, or has the FP been cancelled?

Back to the guys, I'm eating my words about Nathan being too young for juniors as I realize he already won novice twice and has nowhere else to go. He still seems like a child prodigy to me though -- I can't get too excited about him yet.

Still loving Philip Warren. What's so amazing about him is the perfection of his presentation - that program was completely smooth and in character and every position was good. He is gifted with beautiful line and connects with the audience. All he needs is a bit more power on the jumps and a bit more speed and he looks strong enough to get those.

Timothy Dolensky has a very different style - fleet and sharp. Also great to watch.

Congrats and best wishes to all three!

mskater93

Record Breaker

Gracie has 3Lz+3T in her LP and hasn't missed it at home in IDK how long in a run through, so you will likely see it tonight. :)
It would be VERY unusual to send the Junior National Champion to Senior Championship events (keeping my fingers crossed I didn't jinx her!!)

The MO of USFS in the last few years has been to send a lower ranked, age eligible Senior lady (or 2) and the Junior Champion to JWs. This has included Vanessa Lam and Agnes Z last season.