Senior Short Dance, Jan 27 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Short Dance, Jan 27 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Zuber & Herring

4th in Eastern sectionals

A bit of a mess, but not bad in the twizzles.

Score 43.13 into 11

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Shibutanis beat V/M's short dance score at Canadian Nationals by 4.20 points! I know you can't necessarily compare COP scores across events; however, Chan's 302 point total score at Canadian Nationals indicates that inflation was in effect north of the border as well.

Maybe so, but remember, Tesa made an uncharacteristic major mistake during her twizzle section. Consequently V/M's score was barely higher than W/P (only 0.20 some point higher), which is not their usual MO. Guess the Canadian judges couldn't justify major score inflation, for V/M had a real off day. :think:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Meryl & Charlie

new dress for Meryl-kind of a Victoria's secret look

Huge score 76.8 something!!

nEW ENDING-VERY SURPRISING TRICK

emma

Record Breaker
urrrghhhh.....just got home, was hoping to see Davis/White, but only caught the last 30 seconds or so. Love, her dress, can't wait to read your comments and hopefully watch this later.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lynn & Logan

I love them to pieces. I love their lifts! They are so creative. I don't know which of the 2 were the ones that counted.

Great connection

Looked like they were having a great time during the rhumba.

Circular step probably no better than level 2,

Score 56.37 into 4th, and very close to Hubbell Donohue

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, it does.

I'm hoping they show D&W's SD on NBC with the Fd coverage, so I can enjoy it on a bigger screen.

skfan

Final Flight
Lynn & Logan

I love them to pieces. I love their lifts! They are so creative. I don't know which of the 2 were the ones that counted.

Great connection

Looked like they were having a great time during the rhumba.

Circular step probably no better than level 2,

Score 56.37 into 4th, and very close to Hubbell Donohue

thank you for the play by play. frivolous question--was there a change in costume for L/L? i'm still hoping for a change from the beige color scheme with the chest hole in the dress for the FD... and if they changed the SD costume, better odds for change in the FD :)

jcoates

Medalist
Major battle for bronze setting up. It will be very interesting to see how this shakes out. Teams 3-5 all had a few shaky moments at times, but good qualities as well.

I really liked the changes the Shibs made to their SD, particularly the last section. The overall energy of the dance fits them much better now.

I was not expecting the small changes at the end of D/W's SD. It's a nice touch. Clearly 1st thus far.

PS IN just announced Johnny will be calling the men's SP tonight.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5lsQ2sFfjg

Here's L&L's NHK performance

I think it was another ultramarine dress, but with less trim, and shinier? Maybe the same and it was different lighting. Not a lot different in any case.

I felt Meryl & Charlie were definitely better than the Shibs- they obviously have been working at trying to interact more on the ice.

I like Meryl's new costume, too.

skfan

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5lsQ2sFfjg

Here's L&L's NHK performance

I think it was another ultramarine dress, but with less trim, and shinier? Maybe the same and it was different lighting. Not a lot different in any case.

I felt Meryl & Charlie were definitely better than the Shibs- they obviously have been working at trying to interact more on the ice.

I like Meryl's new costume, too.

thank you :) i'm just ecstatic they'll likely make TV for the FD ^__^ really pleased to see that the FD will be very exciting with many teams bunched close together fighting for the 3rd spot.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I love Meryl's new dress and the new ending. Big improvement, especially the latter--though not as funny as some of the earlier incarnations.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Protocols up

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68266/results.html

D&W got 4 level 4's, including on the circular step, but a level 3 on the 2nd rhumba sequence. Charlie evidently missed an edge in the choctaw sequence. First one he's missed all year. All 3's counting on the twizzles. 5 10's in PCS, somewhat at random:

3 judges gave them a 10 for performance & execution, 1 judges for choreo, 1 judge for timing & interp

Maia & Alex got all level 4's. However, one judge hated their rhumba sequences, giving one a 0 and the other -2. Judges loved their twizzles.

Madison & Zach
Level 3 on the twizzles, and general dissatisfaction by the judges with their rhumba. Level 1 for one, Level 3 for the other. Level 2 on the step. Consequently, they didn't score as high as you might think on TES

Lynn & Logan
Level 2 & 3 on the rhumba
Level 3 on the twizzles and the step
Level 4 on the lift

Cannuscio and Lorello got bad tech levels
Only Level 2 on the lift, the step, and one rhumba
Level 3 on one rhumba
Level 3 on the twizzles

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Maybe so, but remember, Tesa made an uncharacteristic major mistake during her twizzle section. Consequently V/M's score was barely higher than W/P (only 0.20 some point higher), which is not their usual MO. Guess the Canadian judges couldn't justify major score inflation, for V/M had a real off day. :think:

Execllent point!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
NBC has TWO HOURS of free dance coverage, 4 to 6 pm Eastern Standard Time, Saturday They will show the last 2 flights!