Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Nadine

Record Breaker
Mirai looks out of shape; both she & Rachael Flatt need to take a cue from Alissa Czisny, which I've been saying all season long.

But she made this music come alive to the best of her ability; beautiful gorgeous 3L/2T, but the 3 turns into the 3R was not good, but at least she held on, and the 2A was equally huge! :cool:

Good job, not great.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Mirai Nagasu - Tango

three turns into triple loop - had to fight for landing, but didn't fall
triple lutz/double toe - nice
double axel - also nice
layback - gorgeous
arabians into flying camel
footwork
combo spin

she smiled, then you could tell she's mad at herself about the loop. On the replay, Tonia says it went up fine but then it looks like she dropped her right side

30.17 tech
components 28.85
59.02 total
first place

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mirai looks out of shape; both she & Rachael Flatt need to take a cue from Alissa Czisny, which I've been saying all season long.

But she made this music come alive to the best of her ability; beautiful gorgeous 3L/2T, but the 3 turns into the 3R was not good, but at least she held on, and the 2A was equally huge! :cool:

Good job, not great.

I actually think she looks like she's in pretty good shape. She I think could have made it 'come alive' a bit more actually, but she was ALL intensity... she was determined I think to nail it and she basically did other than that first triple loop. She REALLY hung on and then killed the other jumps- I was proud of her.

I do think she could have done it better but overall I am way pleased.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job by Haley Dunne, just the obvious UR on the 3T/3T combo. at the beginning, otherwise a great sr. debut! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I knew I recalled the Morgan Bell name, how can one forget her! :eek: She's got tons of charisma, but she too is out of shape, once she gets that under control she would be right up there with the top dogs imho. :cool: The turnout on her spreadeagle is the best I've seen! :clap: But to be honest the costume reminds me of Belle Whatley from "Gone With The Wind", cathouse anybody? *blush*

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Again Mirai seems to have no emotional connection to the music. She just doesn't let herself go when she skates it looks more like a chore for her. And where has her speed gone?

Haley Dunne had a more exciting performance than Mirai and she suffered from (non) rep scoring - or at least the booing crowd thought so. Very talented young skater.

Mirai was good but this wasn't a SB, alas. Her score leaves lots of room for others. Not the SP she (or I) hoped for. I wonder how they scored that 3Lo.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just wish someone would come out, a total unknown even, and blow everybody away! Really want it. Land a few 3axels, et al, one can dream... :love:

And they're playing Eminem's "Lose Yourself", exactly, that's what they need to do, seize the moment, lose oneself into the music, take the shot. :cool:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Again Mirai seems to have no emotional connection to the music. She just doesn't let herself go when she skates it looks more like a chore for her. And where has her speed gone?

I think in this case it was more... intensity than chore like but I agree to some degree. She did give a recent interview saying that she has learned to/is learning to control her emotions more so that she can be more consistent. This might be a side effect unfortunately.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I just wish someone would come out, a total unknown even, and blow everybody away! Really want it. Land a few 3axels, et al, one can dream... :love:

And they're playing Eminem's "Lose Yourself", exactly, that's what they need to do, seize the moment, lose oneself into the music, take the shot. :cool:

lol you're really funny. that WOULD be pretty amazing to see multiple 3A's.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lovely lovely sublime beautiful music & performance by Alissa Czisny; signature piece for her imho. :love: :clap: :points:

I just wish she would keep this superb SP, but jazz it up a little in the FS, show that she is versatile and can skate to any type of music, which is the mark of a true artist. Jmho. Otherwise, lovely lovely lovely

ps: I own the same type of earrings, but mine are pink for "Breast Cancer Awareness"; swarzvoski of course. :cool:

Despite the singled axel, she should set the bar high! BRAVO!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Actually, the practice reports would convey otherwise. I think the loss of speed has something to do with nerves.

I agree and I also don't like when people make statements like that. I'm not so much a Rachael fan but I would never dream of saying she hasn't been practicing hard- I don't know and I would never claim to know.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Alissa Czisny - La Vie En Rose

3Lz/2T - perfect
3Loop - nice
2A - singled!!! :eek: (and she did a beauty in the warm-up)
flying camel
footwork
combo spin
layback

she's still smiling, but you know she's shocked about the 2A

31.93 tech
31.21 components
63.14 total

first place!!

wow!!! a gift!! wonder how the waxel was scored - and everything else for that matter....

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice solid sr. debut from McKinzie Daniels, but just another pretty pretty skater/performance. But this is typical for everybody else on the world scene. Give me Mao Asada's "Bells of Moscow" any day.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
when they said McKinzie Daniels was skating to Love Story, I thought S/P's music, not Taylor Swift :laugh:

Last edited: