Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

alexeifan

On the Ice
So excited to see Agnes in first, bout time! She has huge jumps, hope she wins the whole thing and goes to Senior Worlds. I'm sad about Mirai but she just isn't the same skater, maybe she will work harder for next year?

Last edited:

FTnoona

Final Flight
Seems like this may turn into a pretty bad season for Mirai. Will she even make the final flight? :(

tulosai

Record Breaker
So excited to see Agnes in first, bout time! She has huge jumps, hope she wins the whole thing and goes to Seniors. I'm sad about Mirai but she just isn't the same skater, maybe she will work harder for next year?

I think there's some truth to the statement that Mirai doesn't seem to be enjoying herself. I think she should take a few months to really and truly decide what she wants and how she can best get there.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Slow, heavy and Flatt -- but kudos to her for putting in the hard work to do something she loves. Hopefully, she's nowhere near the top in scoring.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that Agnes is doing well! I was pulling for her (and Rachael) to do her best and I'm so glad she did. Now I have my fingers crossed for Rachael.

emma

Record Breaker
wow. My heart bleeds a little for Rachel in the single axel; the rest was great for her. she looked calm and ready and fit and did a really great job. Her SP goes by so, so fast. Not the best spins but it is a program with conviction, good for her!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Rach is a nice girl, and I can see why the USFSA appreciates that, but she just cannot compete on the world stage. Its been proven over & over again ad infinitum. Still, good enough for top 5 & 10 at Nationals, but I see Rachael ending up like Tonya Kwiatkowski and Amber Corwin, et al, if she stays in, which I wouldn't mind, but I wonder if she will? Especially after going to Olympics, Worlds, etc.

Nice program to EOE though. :)

Trewyn

Medalist
So I woke up right when Ashley had to skate! Even though it's way too early :p Glad she finally broke the curse of the SP :) I feel like Alissa's mistake on the axel should have cost her more? I don't know, from watching the GP, Ladies get punished hard in the score for leaving out that required element. (Ask Mao Asada?) But it's a virtual tie so I can live with it ;-) Agnes being in first really is an upset. She had mostly bad skate all through the GP. Right time to peak wow! Already there's the set-up for a nailbiter long.

tulosai

Record Breaker
wow. My heart bleeds a little for Rachel in the single axel; the rest was great for her. she looked calm and ready and fit and did a really great job. Her SP goes by so, so fast. Not the best spins but it is a program with conviction, good for her!

Agreed. She was, it seemed (on the computer) pretty slow, but really that's not new and other than that and the axle I think it went as well as it could have

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: as well I've been feeling differently about Rach, not due to her skating, but other things this past year & a half. Still like her, but not as much, just being honest.

Not bad for Rachael apart from the 1A, but it didn't have the effect of last year, her positions are not good, esp. layback, and so many girls are doing well. 52.71 and into 8th - ouch.

LeCygne

Final Flight
OMG I can't believe Caroline!! Yayyy it's been way too long. YouTube better have tons of videos tomorrow. Best of luck to all the ladies in the long.

Also looks like we have more than enough senior contenders for Worlds and 4CC. All the better for Gracie though - take it slow. Junior Worlds will be quite the exciting competition anyway :)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Rachael Flatt - East of Eden

3Lz/2T - lutz might have been two-footed, but combo completed
3F - good one
flying camel
layback
2A - singled
footwork
combo spin

24.94 tech
27.75 components
52.71 total

8th place.

If she had done the 2A, wonder how it would have scored vs. Mirai. Looks like Christina Gao is the last skater who could possibly finish aheadof Mirai.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt - East of Eden

3Lz/2T - lutz might have been two-footed, but combo completed
3F - good one
flying camel
layback
2A - singled
footwork
combo spin

24.94 tech
27.75 components
52.71 total

8th place.

If she had done the 2A, wonder how it would have scored vs. Mirai. Looks like Christina Gao is the last skater who could possibly finish aheadof Mirai.

Leah Keiser could also. She has a 3-3.