Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

russell30

Final Flight
No, I am not :)
I just remembered this user for posting videos very quickly so I naturally searched Plushy's program on his channel

Plushy could win the SP with that score from position 4, that guy is made from steel, I can only see Javi beating that, but the pressure is on the guys to land the quad.

russell30

Final Flight
Viktor Pfeifer looked very flat out there today. I expected him to be in 2nd place. Better in the free I hope, out of the first 2 groups I thought Viktor was the best artistically.

Gorgeous camel spin with variation - nice:)

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
3rd group on ice, the first threat to Plushy is team mate Voronov who was good technically at Nationals but lacks verve.

russell30

Final Flight
Vitali Lunachok

Nice program some piano music by Sunny Choi, nice fluidity connection to each elements, combination 3S +2T will hurt him, coverage of ice good and musicality, spins and footwork need some work.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
3rd group on ice, the first threat to Plushy is team mate Voronov who was good technically at Nationals but lacks verve.

Voronov has lacked consistency in international settings; he tends to skate better at home. Plyushchenko developed amazing consistency years ago and has maintained it. However, at the moment, Zhenya may not be ready to handle the quad, so that can work to Voronov's advantage in the free skate. I expect Zhenya to try the quad in the free skate, ready or not. This is a very exciting competition, full of suspense.

russell30

Final Flight
Pavel Kaska

Has been around for some time - Music to Addams Family. I really liked the concept, great ice coverage, tall skater but uses his arms to great affect, huge 3L to begin but lost control turn out but managed 3T at the end of it, steps good, combination spin at the end was good too, audience pleaser program but lacked speed, hope he qualifies be tight.

russell30

Final Flight
Viktor Romenenkov

Modern version of caprice 24, thought the music was too fast for him in places, double footed the 3T in his 3x3 combo and was underrotated. Will struggle with that program, could do with more speed and connection of elements.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great job by Kim Lucine; Prince Albert would be proud (though I admit the video I'm watching is all messed up, lol). :biggrin:

russell30

Final Flight
Kim Lucine

Nice style- summertime, nice combo turn out in between, nice spread eagle into 2A, spins slow but nice varaiation, nice use of the music, lovely transition into 3L but just held on so GOE wont be that great but should be rewarded for excellent transition on that, lovely bit of aeroblading at the end, crowd likes it, might struggle without the 3A. Lets hope he pulls through should get 55-58.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Great job by Kim Lucine; Prince Albert would be proud (though I admit the video I'm watching is all messed up, lol). :biggrin:

I loved his leg line in that hydroplane move. Such extension!

Plushenko received a big legend bonus. He was powerful and did all his elements well but without a quad and with so so transitions, footwork, and upright skating, almost 85 is really high.

russell30

Final Flight
Chafik Besseghier

Piano in A Minor performed by Maksim Mrvica - fast program and really attacked it, but fast paced all the way through, great 3x3, 3A was there not sure if it was short of rotation but I will give it to him, good speed and coverage, use of music could have been better and needed some light and shade in it, lovely combination spin, should score well with. Competition is hotting up!! Guys

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
I loved his leg line in that hydroplane move. Such extension!

Plushenko received a big legend bonus. He was powerful and did all his elements well but without a quad and with so so transitions, footwork, and upright skating, almost 85 is really high.

I couldn't think of it yes hydroplane, yes it was very nice, we have not seen one for some time