Mens Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Knock on wood, video has improved! :)

Voronov did a nice quad, too bad about the 3A though, but I had to LOL when I saw the soccer ball uniform. :D

I can't wait to see Javier & Joubert (he might finally get his chance to beat his nemesis). :)

russell30

Final Flight
Sergei Voronov

Music from the A league of their Own OST - not sure what has happened with voronov but did not like the program - very flat, all over the place here a big waxel. Spins were not aligned enough, I think after he blew the combo - lost concentration. Needs Urmanov back.

Sorry must have missed the quad, hard being a journo and watching live:)

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Also I honestly cannot wait to see Artur Gachinski, because when he's on he deserves high marks. At Russian Nationals I would have given him the win over Zhenya, and here he will get the win over him if he skates clean. :)

russell30

Final Flight
Also I honestly cannot wait to see Artur Gachinski, because when he's on he deserves high marks. At Russian Nationals I would have given him the win over Zhenya, and here he will get the win over him if he skates clean. :)

We will see Nadine, I think Plushy has laid down the gauntlet even without a quad. As someone pointed out before I think plushy's score was a bit over the top, but we have seen that all season with Chan. The next group is a good group we shall see, Plushenko in the crowd holding his breath.

Trewyn

Medalist
I thought it was a quad too.. He looked so excited about it too :)
Didn't like Voronov's trousers; the stripes made his lines look even more crooked.

Nadine

Record Breaker
NOTE: I'm honestly proud of Zhenya, he's not afraid to lose, and he's not afraid to skate while injured, he takes his lumps like a real man would.

Nothing he does from here on in will ever take away his status as a legend, it only adds to it, nobody else even comes close.

BRING IT ON!!!! :cool:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Who leaves the Quad as the last jump in the short? A bit of a gamble there, especially for someone who hasn't landed Quads consistently so far.

russell30

Final Flight
Michal Brezina

Nice program to Kodo drums, but one threat has gone started off so well with a gorgeous 3A good GOE on that, I would give it +2, nice combo but the 2nd 3T slight turn out - shame - looked like he was going for 4S but crashed on the ice, downgraded definately, great speed and ice coverage, nice steps, spins, spins could be better, i honestly think 75 for that.

Trewyn

Medalist
Who leaves the Quad as the last jump in the short? A bit of a gamble there, especially for someone who hasn't landed Quads consistently so far.

Yeah.. Was it planned like that? I read in the practice reports he was missing the quad sal as well. Gorgeous triple axel though :)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight

I am looking forward to seeing Gachinski also, but my feed is freezing a lot now--too many people watching it, I guess. I expect Zhenya not only to try the quad in the free skate, but to land it there, also. I think that may be why he did not use it in the SP.

russell30

Final Flight
Peter Liebers

Blues Deluxe, nice use of the music suits his style, coverage could be better, struggled on his opening 3F combo, double on the end, everything else nice, spins need work, low 60's - shame has done better with that program in the past.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Plushenko's SP score ties for third this season (behind Takahashi and Chan, w/ Fernandez sharing the spot). I don't know if I should be impressed with the man's capabilities (that 3A!!!) or depressed at the overscoring.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Javiar's consistency on the quad is astounding! :eek: He honestly makes it seem like child's play (his best jump imho). But still the odd stumble on the 3/3 and then the fallout on the 3A. Once he cleans those up he will easily dominate the world.

ps: this program reminds me of Kurt Browning's "Singin in the Rain". :)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I can't decide whether Plushenko was over scored or not without protocols. Lysacek and Takahashi have had around 90 in SP at 2010 Olympics without a quad. I'm just thrilled for Plushenko.

eta: I honestly thought that Fernandez could easily beat Plushenko. But he didn't.:eek: Looks like Plushenko will change the geo map wherever he goes.:laugh:

Last edited: