Mens Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

russell30

Final Flight
Javier Fernandez

Boy what a program I LOVE IT!! - great choice of music and fantastic start with 4T GOE excellent and I would give that +3, but combo was messed up turn out, back in the program and transitions were great, 3A what a shame could not hold on, fully round I think. I think it wont be far off plushy around 81 or 82:biggrin:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
To be honest, Javier was far form his 2011 Skate Canada SP. He was very nervous and his steps were not as sharp as usual. But I'm glad he is in the mix
I hate this SP from Tomas. Second place, YES!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I was on the phone and couldn't pay attention to Javi. :mad: I saw his spin combo and thought he really had good line and the speed was good till later so he had improved his spin. Then shocked to see only 80+ for his score and find out about his messed up jumps.

Well, Plushenko's jinx is working well. I picture him giving the evil eye, scaring the crap out of everybody! :laugh:

Let's see if it works on Joubert.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRIAN!!!!:cool:

Here's your chance. As Eminem famously said "you only got one shot"...

Trewyn

Medalist
Tomas kept his head on his shoulders! Too bad the quad didn't work out, other jumps looked pretty solid!

russell30

Final Flight
Tomas Verner

Not bad - Modern version of Carmina Burana (is that another A Goldstein arrangement) Not round on the 4T so that will be downgraded, just round on the 3A, combo good, but that 2nd 3T was a close call, concept of program good, good steps and spins, i think they will be closely looking at all the jumps here, like to give him a good score, NOT sure. those jumps ouch!!

update they gave him credit for the 3A and combo

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, this is sad, but good comeback after the disastrous start.

However, I don't like this SP, wish he would bring back "Once Upon a Time in Mexico", as well as "Ode To Joy" for the FS.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
So the real question now is:

Could Plushenko win Euro this time?:biggrin: - a tickling and thrilling thought!

russell30

Final Flight
Brian Joubert

Nice program to Genesis and Daft Punk - well what can I say. I think the injury has hampered his preparation and the program looked under rehearsed, polish was not there, 4T =fall, 3A stumble and 3L was good from steps, spins are better, steps still good from Brian, probably same score as Brezina

Nadine

Record Breaker
Shoot, what happened? Looks like my video totally missed Tomas Verner. Now Amodio's skating...

Odd?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
When Plush is Quadless, no one else is allowed to have one.

Amodio changed program, changed costume, and did some actual skating.

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
At least Amodio performed well. But jeez, this is one lackluster competition.