Mens Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

euroskate

Final Flight
saw amodios short the first time. what music is this. like it! His energy at the step sequence is excellent and his spins are the best so far in this field. too bad the combo was only double

russell30

Final Flight
Florent Amodio

The french challenge has gone, stumble and hand down on 4S, combo only double at the end, nice program to Tears of the Sun OST - glad he changed it from the GP this is more like amodio. Nice footwork as always from Amodio and spins not bad. Better than joubert. 73 score?

Trewyn

Medalist
More mature but ultimately a little dull? I don't know, I thought so. So what was with his combination; either he rotated really fast or that wasn't a triple-triple? I admit I'm too lazy too count sometimes!

russell30

Final Flight
with one group to go, will Gachinski be the spoiler and put pressure on plushy for the free, and can the vintage wine of KVP give us a Quad triple combo? if he does we are in for a great group. I do question Jorik and Paolo being in the final group - we shall see.

russell30

Final Flight
More mature but ultimately a little dull? I don't know, I thought so. So what was with his combination; either he rotated really fast or that wasn't a triple-triple? I admit I'm too lazy too count sometimes!

was double at the end, lost his speed out of the first jump.

russell30

Final Flight
with one group to go, will Gachinski be the spoiler and put pressure on plushy for the free, and can the vintage wine of KVP give us a Quad triple combo? if he does we are in for a great group. I do question Jorik and Paolo being in the final group - we shall see.

Probably only Gachinki can challenge now but like KVP to go out with a bang.

Actually I like Jorik and Paolo but I feel they don't have the technical arsenal.

Contesti normally is not an SP guy, he is more better on the FREE.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Even more tickling and thrilling: Plushenko winning Euros without 4T!!!!:rofl:

I genuinely expect Zhenya to try the quad in his free skate, and I expect him to land it, even if it hurts. I also do think he can win the whole thing, but he definitely has some strong competition from Javier, in particular.

I can no longer keep viewing the stream, so a big thank you for all the descriptions!

Trewyn

Medalist
Is there ice resurfacing now?
EDIT: Zambonis on the ice on the Russian streams - that answers my question :p

euroskate

Final Flight
just saw plushy in the review at Russia 2. BOA I like this program. He looks differently. Spins amd transition far better than in the past. Althought he only went for 3-3 this was a perfect one. also 3A was excellent.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Javiar's consistency on the quad is astounding! :eek: He honestly makes it seem like child's play (his best jump imho). But still the odd stumble on the 3/3 and then the fallout on the 3A. Once he cleans those up he will easily dominate the world.

ps: this program reminds me of Kurt Browning's "Singin in the Rain". :)

I think Javi had too much adrenaline into the 3A and the 3/3, the quad was awesome, spins look better and he seems more relax in the step sequence. I like his position so far!

Hikaru

Final Flight
I was on the phone and couldn't pay attention to Javi. :mad: I saw his spin combo and thought he really had good line and the speed was good till later so he had improved his spin. Then shocked to see only 80+ for his score and find out about his messed up jumps.

Well, Plushenko's jinx is working well. I picture him giving the evil eye, scaring the crap out of everybody! :laugh:

Let's see if it works on Joubert.

LOL phones were ringing during Javi's skate, the hell with them I wasn't answering hahaha!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Plushenko has one thing almost all the other skaters here lack: command. He skates with absolute purpose and confidence (well, except for the first half of that footwork sequence, oy). That should be reflected in some of the PCS, and I think it was fairly scored. Maybe his GOEs were overscored here and there, will have to see the protocols, but I doubt his score was that over the top, at least for me.

On the other hand, I am BAFFLED Brian Joubert got the third highest skating skills PCS so far (after Plush and Verner). He looked painfully slow and tentative on my feed. Maybe my feed is deceptive, but almost all the other top contenders demonstrated far superior SS than him. In fact, his whole PCS is a non sequitur to me. He skated the whole thing like he was cringing.

Trewyn

Medalist
Nervous for Kevin.. I went on a pilgrimage to the part of Belgium where he usually lives and trains today.. Okay not really I was there by coincidence but yeah; I send him some positive vibes!!! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
This youngster from Belgium (whom I've never seen before btw) resembles Keegan Messing of the USA in the face. :)

euroskate

Final Flight
hendricx: cudos to do a tripple after this bad landing of first jump. like music. could need a bit more energy in presentation

russell30

Final Flight
Jorik Hendrikxx

Nice program to a medley by M Buble, fully rotated on the 3A but stumbled out, 3L poor landing, but managed a 3T - i think that was fully round, nice 3S from steps, nice footwork, used the music, steps need a bit more work but they were nice, LOVED the program