Mens Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

euroskate

Final Flight
majorov is doing a good austin powers. but you have to know the movie. otherwise you might wonder what movements he is doing.
didn´t he mess up totally last year and missed the final? Why is he in the last group?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Who is the DJ playing the music while skaters wait for their scores? Macarena? Kiss Me? Rihanna's Umberella? Just because living fossil Plushenko is back doesn't mean everybody else has to travel back 10 years in time.

russell30

Final Flight
Alexander Majorov

Austin Powers - Not bad at all - but I did not like the program personally. swing out of the 3A, combo ok 2nd 3 bad landing and then stopped, no running edge, spins and footwork need working on, but ok,

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, Kevin was doing fantastic until that fall, but still he did not let the program get away from him, he skated it full out! :clap:

But the whole time I kept recalling seeing him at SA in 2010; his intense beautiful stare, like he's looking into your soul, lovely, one can tell out of all the men skating there he enjoyed skating the most. Jmho. :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Samuel Contesti

love the concept of the program always brings something different.

Pretending to be a conductor while classical music plays is a huge cliché for a choreography concept. A totally vacuous one.

majorov is doing a good austin powers. but you have to know the movie. otherwise you might wonder what movements he is doing.

At this point, if you follow figure skating at all, you've already seen enough Austin Powers programs to know exactly what it's about even if you've never seen the movie.

russell30

Final Flight
KVP

Oh boy what a shame - nice program but does lack artistry in between the moves. great 3F 3T at the beginning, nice 3A, lovely flow out of jump, but fall on triple lutz, footwork nice, spins need working but not bad, love his crouch position in the sit spin, might get 70 on that.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Who is the DJ playing the music while skaters wait for their scores? Macarena? Kiss Me? Rihanna's Umberella? Just because living fossil Plushenko is back doesn't mean everybody else has to travel back 10 years in time.

A lot of figure skating fans are older people; this is particularly noticeable when attending live skating in the U.S. and Canada. I don't think they mind music that's not the latest thing. In fact, I think they might even dislike some of the music that is extremely current with the young people.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
WoW. so many meltdowns :eek:
but Im happy Zhenya was able to hold on, good luck to the LP :)

and this is typical Gachinski, good in SP
lets see if he can hold on to his LP or bomb it.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh Kevin. Such a perfect triple axel and then fall on the lutz? Oh. He got an SB oh that reaction; he's like 'oh this crazy scoring that nobody knows what to make of'. He could still go for the quad tomorrow. It he hits, he's not entirely out of the game. But it'll probably be more like fighting for top 5 rather than podium..

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
KVP

Oh boy what a shame - nice program but does lack artistry in between the moves. great 3F 3T at the beginning, nice 3A, lovely flow out of jump, but fall on triple lutz, footwork nice, spins need working but not bad, love his crouch position in the sit spin, might get 70 on that.

Very accurate call on Kevin's score :)

russell30

Final Flight
Pretending to be a conductor while classical music plays is a huge cliché for a choreography concept. A totally vacuous one.

At this point, if you follow figure skating at all, you've already seen enough Austin Powers programs to know exactly what it's about even if you've never seen the movie.

What do you call a concept of the program - concept is playing the conductor working round his orchestra on the ice. getting the audience to participate. sorry my opinion.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
WoW. so many meltdowns :shock:
but Im happy Zhenya was able to hold on, good luck to the LP :)

and this is typical Gachinski, good in SP
lets see if he can hold on to his LP or bomb it.

He can do it. Remember how he skated clean at worlds in Russia with all the pressure in the world on his shoulders. He can do it, I'm sure he can

DancerLily

Rinkside
I'm soooo happy for Tomáš!:clap: really didn't believe he could skate that well...hope that Brian, Javier and Kevin will be better in the LP!