Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST

Looking forward to seeing Ashley Cain again after watching her win Silver in Junior Ladies last night!

Good luck to all!

Anybody have the start order?

NOTE: I fixed the start time - 7, not 7:30 (EST).

Last edited:
Vise/Baldwin - a nice program but she doubled her SBS and they messed up a lift. Is this Wylie commenting? I missed the beginning. Thanks to MK's Winter for posting that the feed did begin ... the link I was clicking on didn't work but I found one that did. 45.65.

Is everyone still at Euros??

I can't do PBP so I'll just comment that the next team, Cloe Bautista and Tyler Harris, have a lot of verve but Wylie is criticizing their skills. They're not the best matched team - she's short and a bit chunky while he's a string bean - but they're likeable. Nice death spiral position from her! 42.16 I think.

Donlan/Speroff, the team Nadine loves so much. And they're great - wonderful 3 tw, spectacular lift, fabulous throw 3 sal. Very elegant. Wylie (?) is comparing her to Katia Gordeyeva, as Nadine did. I'd like to see him get a little more expressive but they are obviously going places. 57.77 and in first of course.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm so glad they did great because I literally got here right before they started, just bit a few mere seconds. :biggrin: :love;

So EXCITED to see them skate that I didn't catch their sbs jumps, it looks like Gretchen completed hers, but Andrew may have had a slight problem?

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Donlan/Speroff are great! Very lyrical, they skated a great short,wishing them the best of luck in the long!

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ok, here's the belated starting order:

Warm-up Group 1
1. Tiffany Vise, Broadmoor SC; Don Baldwin, Los Angeles FSC 45.65
2. Kloe Chanel Bautista, All Year FSC; Tyler Harris, SC Of Boston 42.16
3. Gretchen Donlan, SC Of Boston; Andrew Speroff, SC Of Boston 57.77

Warm-up Group 2
4. Rita Fehr, Eau Claire FSC; Peter Biver, St. Paul FSC
5. Caydee Denney, Broadmoor SC; John Coughlin, KS City FSC
6. Andrea Poapst, Broadmoor SC; Christopher Knierim, Broadmoor SC

Warm-up Group 3
7. Alexa Scimeca, DuPage FSC; Ivan Dimitrov, Individual Member
8. Felicia Zhang, SC of NY; Nathan Bartholomay, University of DE FSC
9. Cassie Andrews, IN World Sk Acad FSC; Timothy LeDuc, Eastern IA FSC

Warm-up Group 4
10. Mary Beth Marley, DuPage FSC; Rockne Brubaker, All Year FSC
11. Marissa Castelli, SC Of Boston; Simon Shnapir, SC Of Boston
12. Amanda Evora, Southwest FL FSC; Mark Ladwig, Red River Valley FSC
13. Ashley Cain, Stars FSC of TX; Joshua Reagan, Stars FSC of TX

It looked to me like he almost stepped out of the sbs but I thought he completed the jump and Wylie didn't say anything...

I hope Denney/Coughlin do well!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, good, I just read both of the posters comments doing PBP, and I note that icemusings says they *did* complete sbs 3S, but were off in unison, ah, that must've been what I saw. :)

Still, for Gretchen to actually get it done, complete it without problems is close to a miracle, finally!!!! :clap: :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
So happy for this couple b/c I recall reading about them; she's a young teen and he's her teacher IIRC (20+ years older than her). He couldn't find a partner for her, so he filled in, nice. :) :clap:

A team with a 20-year age gap? :unsure: (Fehr/Biver) She has a nice, light style but they had a lot of problems.

ETA: Just read your explanation, Nadine. I guess pair boys are hard to find.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just when I was going bananas over this phenomenal pair of D&C they fall on that throw. :( :cry:

Still, imho they are good enough to go to the next Olympics and actually medal, especially with the athletic pair teams in skating they have nowadays winning competitions.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :rock: :love:

OMG - huge fall on the 3 throw. Other than that, everything was great - fabulous split 3 tw. Wylie is talking about their chemistry but I felt she was a bit over the top (and I usually like her). Actually Wylie's a little over the top too. He's in love!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just when I was going bananas over this phenomenal pair of D&C they fall on that throw. :( :cry:

Still, imho they are good enough to go to the next Olympics and actually medal, especially with the athletic pair teams in skating they have nowadays winning competitions.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :rock: :love:

I think medaling at the next Olys given the depth of pairs in Russia right now, the Germans, and even the Canadians, may be a bit much to ask for. However, they have major potential and I am HAPPY about them and for them

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahhh, nice musical classical pair, love her style, they both actually looked like they stepped right out of the movie "Anastasia". :love: Btw, this music always reminds me of Tara Lipinski. :)

I feel like I've never seen them skate before; lovely, lovely, lovely.... :clap:

lmarie086

Medalist
Anyone know where I could watch online? I finally have time to actually watch a competition again!! :)