Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ahhh, nice musical classical pair, love her style, they both actually looked like they stepped right out of the movie "Anastasia". :love: Btw, this music always reminds me of Tara Lipinski. :)

I feel like I've never seen them skate before; lovely, lovely, lovely.... :clap:

I agree- I thought that was fantastic... I personally actually think I liked it better than D/C. They were both just so into character. Lovely skate.

Poabst-Knierim - whoa, if Caydee and John don't look out this team might catch them. She's exquisite in an unforced way. They'll have great lifts one of these days (a little wobbly now).

MissCleo

On the Ice
OMG - huge fall on the 3 throw. Other than that, everything was great - fabulous split 3 tw. Wylie is talking about their chemistry but I felt she was a bit over the top (and I usually like her). Actually Wylie's a little over the top too. He's in love!

it's peter carruthers not paul wylie, and yes hes in lurve. I'm still kinda bitter about the splits over the summer, but DC should be able to win nationals. olympics/worlds much harder, i think it would be lucky if they should ever manage top 5 on such stage considering how strong other competitors are.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't really think Wylie would do pairs but I thought that was his voice (missed the intros).

Nadine

Record Breaker
I still can't get over the last pair that skated ~ P&K ~ they must've skated last year but weren't great that's why I don't remember them, but this year, WHOA!!!! :eek: :love:

I especially love what Peter Carruthers said about them skating a story, RIGHT ON, that's what it was, like that young jr. pair that skated to "Titanic", when it's done right, and especially how Andrea finishes off each & every move to the very tips of her fingers (ITA w/Peter once again) it's simply magical, ahhhh.... :love: :love:

My favorite, D&S, have got to watch out; now I wish D&S would skate to a story as well. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
complete with matching costumes just like P&K. Lol, in fact I wish Gretchen & Andrew would skate P&K's program. :rock:

It's nice to see two such talented teams who aren't even the favorites, or expected to go to Worlds (D&S and P&K). :rock:

Peter C's commentary is not very enlightening. He just tried to explain why D/S aren't ahead of D/C and just kept saying they couldn't pull up.

I also hate it when commentators don't immediately identify an error. Or for that matter an element. I don't want to hear chatter about style, I want quiet quick identification of technical issues.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Peter C's commentary is not very enlightening. He just tried to explain why D/S aren't ahead of D/C and just kept saying they couldn't pull up.

I also hate it when commentators don't immediately identify an error. Or for that matter an element. I don't want to hear chatter about style, I want quiet quick identification of technical issues.

Honestly I don't know why they have commentary. Most people who will shell out $40 for what is really just a few nights of figure skating a year don't need it and don't want it. I know for the junior events they didn't have it but still.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice job! :) Just a bit of a crash upon the landing of their split 3twist (she looked like she landed on his back), and they need to finish off their moves like Andrea P. does. Also, they were off on their sbs jumps just like D&S were. Gonna be close...

Oh, I loved this red team (Z or Smieka & Dmitrov). The choreography was lovely, and they had nice speed, gorgeous costumes, and they're both so good-looking. Does she get deducted for grazing the ice in the death spiral? Shoot, they're only in fourth.

Honestly I don't know why they have commentary. Most people who will shell out $40 for what is really just a few nights of figure skating a year don't need it and don't want it. I know for the junior events they didn't have it but still.
I like it if it's unobtrusive and informative. I thought Tara was good last season - hope she's back tonight.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This pair is way too close in height in order to be impressive, therefore their moves are not spectactular and have very little height, too many mistakes. Also, I'm comparing everybody else with Andrea P.'s finesse and they are lacking. :(

Btw, I'm actually looooooooooving Peter Carruthers commentary, we are simpatico, like having ESP with another, lol. :biggrin:

cornell08

Final Flight
A little early but I'm SO EXCITED to see how Cain & Reagan perform. I love their moon river...just hope Ashley's not all tired out from junior ladies.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love how this pair dares to be different; they come out with those spectacular powerful black velour costumes with glitter; don't care about the mistakes, loved the fact that they succeeded in presenting a totally different type of program and making me sit up and watch! :clap:

ps: she reminds me of Lucinda Ruh to a "t". :love: