Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
I ddidnt see protocols but what happened with leonova? It was one of those times that the skate looked great and people puzzled. Kira got a big applause, Jenna of course the biggest, it was a great moment for all GB teams today! Carolina costume and program are so classy, I think she performed better in GP but wonderful program, there are many italians in audience with flags, it was great! My fav Helgerson, she is such a diva and so enjoyable to watch, I m rooting for her on podium!I think Elena G also performed better than her marks, I love her speed!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Kind of meh on the technical achievements of these ladies. No successful triple-triples except for the easiest 3T-3T. And a lot more 3Z's and 3F's (solo or in combo, or attempts thereof) among the ladies ending up in places 10-19 than 1-9. It really does seem that a European lady is strategically better off to jump lower on the food chain and do it cleanly. In other words, no risk-taking. :think:

katia

On the Ice
I think Leonova messed 3T 3T, ( she either messed or it was tripple/double) and another tripple was not quite clean. Pity, I so wished Leonova will be on podium. I like her.
Well, maybe she will have great free skate *keeps fingers crossed*

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
Some of the scoring really puzzles me. As other mentioned - Polina's TES?
I understand Viktoria has some level 4s, but 3T-2T and 3Loop take her to upthe 5th place? Really? (Although I admit, the field is not the strongest).

Nevertheless, some tweaking of the score system is needed.

kalle

On the Ice
Kind of meh on the technical achievements of these ladies. No successful triple-triples except for the easiest 3T-3T. And a lot more 3Z's and 3F's (solo or in combo, or attempts thereof) among the ladies ending up in places 10-19 than 1-9. It really does seem that a European lady is strategically better off to jump lower on the food chain and do it cleanly. In other words, no risk-taking. :think:

I am not so sure we are going to see any 3/3 attempts by the top 5 US ladies in their LP either..

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Nine skaters did 3/3 combinations(Lenovas second downgraded) I'm not a skater, but I understand that even if 3toe/3toe is the easiest it isn't easy.