Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

Johnny Weir to comment on IN.

See IN for story on Jeremy dishing on Patrick and Jason Brown not unveiling 3A after all due to slight injury. (Anyone can access this article.)

Go, gentlemen!

Arianne

On the Ice
Here is the Start Order!

rt No. Name Score
1 Richard Dornbush, All Year FSC
2 Adam Rippon, SC of NY
3 Scott Dyer, All Year FSC
4 Alexander Johnson, Broadmoor SC
5 Alexander Aiken, Atlanta FSC
6 William Brewster, Detroit SC
7 Ross Miner, SC Of Boston
8 Jonathan Cassar, All Year FSC
9 Wesley Campbell, Colonial FSC
10 Daniel Raad, FL Everblades FSC
11 Max Aaron, Broadmoor SC
12 Grant Hochstein, St. Clair Shores FSC
13 Brandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC
14 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of AZ
15 Keegan Messing, AK Assoc of Figure Skaters
16 Jason Brown, Skokie Valley SC
17 Jeremy Abbott, Detroit SC
18 Armin Mahbanoozadeh, WA FSC
19 Joshua Farris, Broadmoor SC
20 Stephen Carriere

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good Luck Everyone (got here just in time by the nick of my teeth again, lol). :biggrin:

And Johnny's talking, he sounds very respectful and professional, will be nice to hear his commentary. He already has me smiling. :)

emma

Record Breaker
Oh no.....bad bad bad start; Dornbush basically missed all his jumps. I'm so sad for him. I really hope he can skate a good long to feel better. He's a great skater.

Oh my stars. At times like this I hate this sport.

He is so much better than that, and so is that program.

jcoates

Medalist
Aargh...I feel sooo badly for Ricky. What a mess. I was worried that his starting position would hurt him given his rough season and his finish last year. Such a shame. Hope he bounces back from this next year.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, this is sad, Richard Dornbush had trouble on every single element, and unless everybody else crashes as well he won't be going to Worlds imho. Still, there's the FS, and he can redeem himself there. :)

ps: I'm absolutely HATING the on-air competition between Johnny & Tonya, both talking way too much, and vying to get the last word in. STFU! :mad:

icebeauty

On the Ice
here's hoping Ricky can't just forget that one...
that Adam has NO idea that just happened
...and i'm really wishing i had the money for IN...while Johnny's always a great soundbite, I really want to genuinely hear what he has to say about his to-be competitors...i really want to know what's going through his head.

icebeauty

On the Ice
OMG, this is sad, Richard Dornbush had trouble on every single element, and unless everybody else crashes as well he won't be going to Worlds imho. Still, there's the FS, and he can redeem himself there. :)

ps: I'm absolutely HATING the on-air competition between Johnny & Tonya, both talking way too much, and vying to get the last word in. STFU! :mad:

wait IN put Tonya and Johnny together??? i thought IN finally got Tonya off commentating...

BraVO, Adam! Fantastic skate! Johnny said, "He's ready to win." No quad, but we got an exquisite Rippon lutz. He finished right on the music with a steely competition face. 82.94!

Johnny keeps talking about hair, LOL.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Excellent performance by Adam Rippon, clean, and I love the Rippon Lutz, but I still don't think he's better than Jeremy Abbott, whom has it all as well, but also that extra something.

Btw, I would pick Tonya as the sole commentator. Johnny needs to know that less is more, and his favoritism of Adam is annoying, as well as his irrelevant comments like about Adam's hair. *rollls eyes*

GREAT JOB, ADAM! BRAVO! :rock:

emma

Record Breaker
ok...my heart is still aching for Dornbush. urgh. And, i agree, Johnny and Tonya were gabbing too much at that beginning....but, I think they have settled in. Weir is a way better commentator than I had expected...I mean, he can stop now with the makeup and fashion jokes, but I like his element and skating calls. nice.

Ok YEAH Rippon!!!!!!!! wow. great for you!

Nadine

Record Breaker
FABULOUS spins by Scott Dyer! :clap: :love: Too bad about the fall, but I love his energy and enthusiasm, YES, and his 3lutz was out of this world. :cool:

Johnny keep the comments at the beginning or end, but please please please keep it quiet during the actual performance, learn from Tonya K. It's like when one is watching an excellent movie and somebody ruins it by talking too much and therefore one misses the movie. Irritating, disrespectul, and rude. Jmho.

jcoates

Medalist
Remember this is not Johnny's first time behind the camera. He did some brief work for UniSport in the past during Torino Worlds. It sounds like IN is giving him a bit more free reign to say what he wants. I actually don't mind some of the cheeky comments. They are a fun so far.

Great job to Adam.