Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

SLouise

Rinkside
Here they come! :cool:

There's Keegan in his "Robin Hood" costume, and there goes Brandon Mroz (unfortunately he's not going for the 4L). :(

Where art thou, Max, nah, I'm not even going to look, I want to be surprised...

I'm glad I saw your comment. My feed was frozen on the distant shot of the ice and I didn't realize they were starting again.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Is it better to buy tickets there or go online, given that it is so late already?

I've never had a problem buying tickets for Nationals same day. In fact, you might luck out and get a bargain (and good seat) outside the rink from somene looking to sell an extra ticket.

jazzee4

Rinkside
I've been following along with the scores all week...I think IceNetwork has some sort of incompatibility with Chrome, because occasionally it'll refuse to show scores even when the main page says "Live". It just shows the starting order. Able to get it to work in IE.

I can't wait to see some of these programs!

I have found that I have to back out to the main results page, do a refresh & then go back into the specific results page AFTER the competition has started. It seems like if you go to the specific results page before the actual competitions starts, it would never refresh. That's how it was for me at least with Firefox.

Oreo

On the Ice
Is it better to buy tickets there or go online, given that it is so late already?

Jazzee4, I'm going to buy tickets there just because I refuse to pay the big, fat gouge that Ticketmaster assesses to each ticket. The only ticket that might be a little iffy is the Ladies Final, but as of right now, seats are still available. Also, it's not that hard to find people selling tickets outside. Even at the Men's Final at the Vancouver Olympics, you could have gotten a ticket.

emma

Record Breaker
great skate for Aaron....4 sal, 3 axel...a combo I think 3 lutz 3 toe that was iffy but finished. nice really nice footwork. spins perhaps need some work. but overall very, very well done!

Nadine

Record Breaker
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, HE ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :love: :points:

And I love what Johnny had to say about his 3/3 combo. (ITA there! He made me LOL with the ugly comment, but well done). :laugh:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX.

You're just like Zhenya, same cat feet, which can bee seen on that 3/3 combo. :cool:

emma

Record Breaker
nice score for Max Aaron....and I love that Johnny thinks he should be in second not third! (and I love Miner, but...)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, bs with the scores, it's the performance that counts, Max, and you did it, you did it!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Other than the fall on the 3A, Grant did a fine job, music by Debussy was sublime. :)

emma

Record Breaker
lovely performance by Grant H.....his spins, particularly the last one, were lovely and fast. Great combo; too bad on the fall with the 3 axel.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I have found that I have to back out to the main results page, do a refresh & then go back into the specific results page AFTER the competition has started. It seems like if you go to the specific results page before the actual competitions starts, it would never refresh. That's how it was for me at least with Firefox.

I did go after the comp started initially though, and it wasn't working. Tried the refresh thing, tried opening a new window, a new tab, etc. Nothing worked, but IE is continually workin.

Elegant skate to Claire de Lune by Grant H. What a spinner! Love the speed on those twizzles and the combo at the end.

sidwich

Rinkside
Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid follower of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??

I'm going to agree with most people. I bought a nosebleed ticket for the Ladies Final when Worlds were in Los Angeles on the day of the event, and it was awesome seeing the competitors in person. Even though you can judge speed and flow if you watch the boards carefully on TV, you really don't appreciate it well unless you're live. (We were also fantastically lucky. One of the tour groups had extra tickets by the end of the event, so they were kind enough to give them away to the fans in the rafters. We got to see the final two flights from only a section up. :thumbsup:)

Johnny is talking up Mroz too much. Sounds like they're friends. Didn't help. Mroz was struggling with his jumps today and after the fall on the opening 4T he just lost his confidence.

emma

Record Breaker
I feel for Brandon...rough skate for him. He needs those jumps. Hope he can bounce back in the long.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor Brandon, I feel bad for him, and was thinking the whole time he must be feeling pressure from his equally phenomenal training mate, Max Aaron, especially after Max's breakout performance. They must push each other during training. Sometimes that can either make or break you (thinking Artur Gashinski & Evgeni Plushenko).

Also, it looked like Brandon was blushing bright red after the mistakes, that made me feel really bad for him. It's okay, Brandon, there's always another day, and the FS is yet to come, you can redeem yourself. :)

lmarie086

Medalist
I think Brandon might benefit from a coaching change. I admit to not being a Tom Z. fan, far from it, but I just don't think this coaching tandem has done Brandon too many favors. I don't know who I could see Brandon switching to, but I think he needs a change in environment.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I LOVE how Razzano's coach raises both his arms up in victory when Douglas landed that gorgeous 3A (btw ITA Johnny, it truly was "like buttah"). :biggrin: :cool:

And I give him huge props for going for the quad, it's time to man up, and he did just that. :bow:

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: does anybody think Douglas might get credit for the full rotation on the quad? It looks like he made it all on the way around on replay. Jmho.