Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

emma

Record Breaker
ps: does anybody think Douglas might get credit for the full rotation on the quad? It looks like he made it all on the way around on replay. Jmho.

from the scores it looks like it. I couldn't tell on the replay.

icebeauty

On the Ice
I think Brandon might benefit from a coaching change. I admit to not being a Tom Z. fan, far from it, but I just don't think this coaching tandem has done Brandon too many favors. I don't know who I could see Brandon switching to, but I think he needs a change in environment.

i agree...Brandon's attitude towards his skating has always made me believe that he can BECOME a better skater and that he genuinely wants to develop int eh areas he lacks...but every year, the season comes and goes, but the pieces aren't coming together for him, and at this point, i think it's a coaching issue.

Johnny praises Razzano at Messing's expense, but I'll take Keegan's energy and fantastic speed on the spins. What a little fighter! Great opening 3A!

emma

Record Breaker
Awwwww, where's Toni? Messing did great and it seems the crowd loved him too!

Nadine

Record Breaker
GREAT JOB, KEEGAN, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! :cool: :clap: :points:

What I love about Keegan is his powerfulness and quickness, light on his feet, one of the fastest skaters out there, and his jumps are powerful. No quad, but he saved the 3L/3T combo. and his 3A was amongst the best in the world as well. :)

ps: Johnny comments are really starting to crack me up, especially that opening salvo "for those not paying attention, he just shot an arrow". :laugh:

tampro1

Rinkside
Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid follower of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??

When is it ever going to be closer than 2.5 hours away? Plus, it's one of those things you should see live at least once. TV takes away much of the speed and flow of the skaters. Seeing the ice coverage of the best skaters is impressive.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I knew it was going to be close between my two favorites, and I'm not surprised they went with the more seasoned & experienced Keegan Messing. This is after all his 3rd appearance at Nationals, whereas Max is brand new to the scene, and still has to earn his wings. ;) :biggrin:

Nadine

Record Breaker
also, Keegan is the best spinner in the group imho, always has been, and that works to his favor over Max. :)

badknees

Medalist
Um...... polka dot skirts were the 50's and swing was late 30's and 40's? I think, or is Johnny right?

Nadine

Record Breaker
lol another salvo from Johnny in reference to Jason Brown ~ "I know people are excited to see that ponytail do some damage, I know I am". :laugh:

icebeauty

On the Ice
What I love about Keegan is his powerfulness and quickness, light on his feet, one of the fastest skaters out there, and his jumps are powerful. No quad, but he saved the 3L/3T combo. and his 3A was amongst the best in the world as well. :)

ps: Johnny comments are really starting to crack me up, especially that opening salvo "for those not paying attention, he just shot an arrow". :laugh:

I know what you mean, Keegan commits and attacks.
and see Nadine, sometime color commentary is great! :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I like Jason Brown, nice performance, but this is not ice dance, this is mens figure skating, and you need to man up and at least do a 3A. And if you want to be amongst the very best in the world, if not thee best, you need a quad. Jmho. :)

I can tell Johnny is in love, and Tonia's give him his due, but for me, it's okay. :)

ps: Johnny, Scott Hamilton also said the same exact quote in reference to Oksana Baiul (i.e. "she cannot hit an ugly position). :love:

The overall quality of his skating is so impressive. Can't lie, he's my favorite. I would luurve to see him on the podium (after Jeremy and Adam).

emma

Record Breaker
I'm sooooooooooooo Happy!!!! Great skate by Abbot....I can sleep well tonight!

icebeauty

On the Ice
I like Jason Brown, nice performance, but this is not ice dance, this is mens figure skating, and you need to man up and at least do a 3A. And if you want to be amongst the very best in the world, if not thee best, you need a quad. Jmho. :)

I can tell Johnny is in love, and Tonia's give him his due, but for me, it's okay. :)

ps: Johnny, Scott Hamilton also said the same exact quote in reference to Oksana Baiul (i.e. "she cannot hit an ugly position). :love:

Jason's working on a 3a...but he's currently got an ankle injury and is not doing it this week

also, other skaters who "cannot hit an ugly position" - Adam Rippon and Sasha Cohen

OMG - dazzling performance by Jeremy!!! Total perfection. And now I will say Johnny almost spoiled it by talking all the way through it. That was just wrong. Tania too. Seriously, they were undermining him. We're here for Jeremy, not you guys!!!

Johnny doesn't seem to get that the "footwarmers" are an allusion to tap dancing, which Jeremy does in the program as well.