Men Free Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men Free Program

jan

On the Ice
Arhur needs to learn to skate. Beautiful jumps, no program. Extremely slow!!!!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Arhur needs to learn to skate. Beautiful jumps, no program. Extremely slow!!!!

Agree. This guy's a jumper, not a skater. For an elite skater, haven't seen crossovers/stroking this bad in awhile, maybe since Surya?

jan

On the Ice
Agree. This guy's a jumper, not a skater. For an elite skater, haven't seen crossovers/stroking this bad in awhile, maybe since Surya?

There wa about 2 dozed pumps..nt good enough. Should not work under new system.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh no, Javier (along with Artur), has all the goods to dominate the world, but he just lets it get by him, he needs to focus, and get the job done. Look to Zhenya. Jmho.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: La Traviata by Guiseppe Verdi
I Vespri Siciliani by Guiseppe Verdi
Nabucco by Guiseppe Verdi
Rigoletto by Guiseppe Verdi

4th after SP

4T - turn on landing
4S
A - slips on takeoff
CiSt
CSSp
1A+2T
3Lz-stepout-2T
3S
3F-stepout-2T+2Lo
3Lo - turnout
CCoSp
ChSt
FCSSp

Far from his best :-(
This will not medal

Score: 142.15, total 222.26 and into 5th

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The judges disagree. Gachinski has the second highest skating skills PCS so far. My eyes are doing back flips in their sockets.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
as expected Javier succumbed to pressure . a meltdown :disapp:

but congrats to Zhenya, im surprised Gachinski got silver medal. Gachinski has the jumps be looks dead skating
he needs to improve his PCS and with such high marks already, LOL
but he's been putting it together since nationals
who knows how Gachinski will do in Worlds

I dont need to watch Amodio though

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Had to step out for a while, even though Zhenya was about to skate. Came back to his triumph. Yes, he has a *very, very* strong will! I thought he might come through, pain or no pain, injury or no injury. :clap:

Artur just needs a polisher; I remember back when Lysacek began with Frank Carroll, he was all jumps, no style, wooden, raw-boned. Fast forward through the years, to a serious polish by Tarasova, and presto!

When it comes to the jumps, Mishin is an incredibly effective teacher. He seems to understand the physical dynamics involved better than most do.

ETA: Sorry about Javi. I still have high hopes for his future. There is more pressure on him now than there used to be, but I hope he will get used to it in time. Pressure is the price of success.

Last edited: