Men Free Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men Free Program

shalanheyyo

Rinkside
I always feel that way too. 3A or even a 3A 3T combo at the second half of the program should be easy for plush. He is still recovering from injuries though so hopefully we will see a more developed program in Sochi!

gmyers

Record Breaker
It didn't have to be a 3A it just could have been the 3lz-3t-3lo combo which is 5 seconds before the halfway point because the other 3lz was after the halfway point. The idea of moving the three jump combo 5 seconds further was obvious.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Trewn I was really sad about KVDP, because in warm up he did great, then he tried an axel and didnt work (it think it was axel), it looked like he would withdraw after as he did circles doing nothing and all arena stood and clapped him as he left, I was really waiting for his man in the iron mask, I always love this music in arena like B/L last year. I think he injured his wrist some days ago and that was the basic reason, in practice he was holding his hand all the time. And he couldnt jump there. But in warmup I think he looked better. It was sad he didnt skate, I hope he goes to worlds.

Skaters who stood out better than i thought in Lp was Contesti and Hendrix, they had a very good lp and connectio with audience. Especially Contesti. Chaffic, Verner and sort of Fernandez dissapointed me. Chaffic was nowhere near practice, Verner was the old self back and didnt bother to project and Fernandez started great but finished with looking down all the time and no connection to anyone. This verdi program doesnt help him like Sp. Arthur needs some presentation experience in a show or something, he looks down a lot, Amodio was a huge step up from GP but I thought Brezina would be third, although to be honest Brezina's Lp I remember it through a fog.
Plushy, what can I say...I bump into him later at night outside the dining arena, he was with his wife, and all i could say was Hey how did you do it AGAIN? He laughed.

Small medals ceremony that was before gala, I couldnt watch well because it was crowded so i decided to watch the rest from the big screen, sigh I missed the last question live (12.40 min) , but everybody who was watching the screen in arena went nuts from laughing.:laugh:

Last edited:

Mylesag

Rinkside
Xavi?

Where was Xavi Fernandez? What happened to him? I mean I think he is the most exciting of all the Euro competitors!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Trewn I was really sad about KVDP, because in warm up he did great, then he tried an axel and didnt work (it think it was axel), it looked like he would withdraw after as he did circles doing nothing and all arena stood and clapped him as he left, I was really waiting for his man in the iron mask, I always love this music in arena like B/L last year. I think he injured his wrist some days ago and that was the basic reason, in practice he was holding his hand all the time. And he couldnt jump there. But in warmup I think he looked better. It was sad he didnt skate, I hope he goes to worlds.

Skaters who stood out better than i thought in Lp was Contesti and Hendrix, they had a very good lp and connectio with audience. Especially Contesti. Chaffic, Verner and sort of Fernandez dissapointed me. Chaffic was nowhere near practice, Verner was the old self back and didnt bother to project and Fernandez started great but finished with looking down all the time and no connection to anyone. This verdi program doesnt help him like Sp. Arthur needs some presentation experience in a show or something, he looks down a lot, Amodio was a huge step up from GP but I thought Brezina would be third, although to be honest Brezina's Lp I remember it through a fog.
Plushy, what can I say...I bump into him later at night outside the dining arena, he was with his wife, and all i could say was Hey how did you do it AGAIN? He laughed.

Small medals ceremony that was before gala, I couldnt watch well because it was crowded so i decided to watch the rest from the big screen, sigh I missed the last question live (12.40 min) , but everybody who was watching the screen in arena went nuts from laughing.:laugh:

To some extent I'm happy I wasn't there to witness Kevin leaving like that :s Yeah it looks like it was mostly the wrist. I really, really hope he'll be at Worlds and can do something similar as in Turin in 2010! But his facebook messages aren't very optimistic :( Still. Fingers crossed.

If not I'll do my best and try to be happy for Jorik, who, as a skater, is definitely growing on me :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I need to mention this. From all the skaters in the wolrld that I was hoping to choose Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack
Dmitri IGNATENKO listened to my prayers :laugh: and skated it in the free in Euros, not exactly the skate I was waiting for, but it is historical moment for me to listen to this music in the arena :points:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
His costume looks like a big doily. LMAO.

I've always felt the Howl's music would work better as a Short Program.

I've never heard the Howl soundtrack or seen the film. I read the original book, and it was wonderful. On your recommendation, I'll have to hunt up the music.

seniorita

Record Breaker
His costume looks like a big doily. LMAO.

I've always felt the Howl's music would work better as a Short Program.

I thought he was dressed like Peter from Heidi! Or something folk themed, I did not connect the movie, music with costume at all, but kudos for chosing Miyazaki!

Olympia, I didnt know there is a book!!! I dont believe iT! Now I go to amazon!
Trailer of Howl Castle :) It is a wonderful movie! While I like Princess Mononoke soundtrack best of all, I believe this music is my best match of movie-soundtrack, whenever I hear it I imagine scenes from the film!!!

Kozuka has used Miyazaki this season although I feel I havent seen enough of his long program this season. :(

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't think the book is like the film at all, but it's a great fantasy story. There are 2 sequels at least, too. The author is Diana Wynne Jones.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I thought he was dressed like Peter from Heidi! Or something folk themed, I did not connect the movie, music with costume at all, but kudos for chosing Miyazaki!

Well I could tell he was trying to look like the sorcerer from Howl's Moving Castle when he is in semi-bird form, but it just didn't work.