Ladies Free Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program

Kinga

Medalist
I feel the same about Kiira... I like her, but she made too many mistakes. I would have had Viktoria up the podium instead of Kiira. And perhaps Polina instead of Elene.. Elene did well but also made more than one error. But I'll have to look over the protocols; these are all just based on my subjective impressions.

I sort of agree with Trewyn.
I would have: 1) Kostner, 2) Polina, 3) Korpi/Helgesson, 5)Gede.

I think Kostner's score for LP was too high (especially compared to Polina). I loved Polina! Everything about her, including that gorgeous dress.
Normally I am not a fan of Helgesson and Korpi, but their programs caught my interest tonight. Although I still think that Korpi did not deserve score that high for her LP.
It was Elene's best outing, no doubt about it, but she had 2 mistakes in her spins and two-footed landing. She should be 5th.

npavel

On the Ice
I think Kostner's score for LP was too high (especially compared to Polina). I loved Polina! Everything about her, including that gorgeous dress....

You can't have seen it live. Kostner was way underscored in PCS. She was a class of her own. There is such a big gap between her and others

bsfan

On the Ice
I enjoy Polina's skating very much. One thing that bothers me is whether she will be big and heavy in the future. She is very tall for her age but quite slim. She looks great now. But will she fill out soon? Then she may have problem landing /fully rotating her jumps. I hope not.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I enjoy Polina's skating very much. One thing that bothers me is whether she will be big and heavy in the future. She is very tall for her age but quite slim. She looks great now. But will she fill out soon? Then she may have problem landing /fully rotating her jumps. I hope not.

Polina's jump technique looks quite decent, so I'd expect that to help her out when/if she grows more in the future. But yeah, it could be likely that Polina's considerable height (according to wikipedia she's 5ft6in!) will condemn her to a Kostner-like career of inconsistency.