Johnny IceDesk Comments before Men's SP | Golden Skate

Johnny IceDesk Comments before Men's SP

Art&Sport

Medalist
I think Johnny does a great job, as always -- he's so witty. I did think it was awkward for Kim Navarro to sit there for the most part being ignored. It might have worked better if Peter had interviewed Kim first, and then had Johnny come on by himself -- and maybe use Sarah only for ladies' discussion! Not saying Sarah doesn't have something to say, but she needs to work on her voice quality and projection.

I loved Johnny's play-by-play commentary in the sp for the most part, but he could improve by not over-talking. He really had some memorable comments about Max's and Douglas' eyebrows, Jason B's ponytail, and Keegan's charm. Also, Johnny clearly loves Adam, respects Jeremy and is very excited about Jason Brown's talent.

JWe got it wrong that this is Dyer's Sr. Nats debut, but the bigger failing is that no one corrected him. I don't mind Johnny saying he doesn't like Jere's boot warmers, b/c that's his opinion re leg line, but I definitely disagree with Johnny when he said that Dornbush and Miner "did not have a good showing at Worlds last year" (or did he say, "did not place well at Worlds last year"? IMO, both Ricky and Ross performed very well at Worlds -- its just that their international exposure and experience was not enough to impress the judges with their competent performances such that would have allowed them to receive better scores. Johnny surely did not intend to dismiss their efforts last year but perhaps he might have phrased his words differently.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I really think that this could be Johnny's future career, once he retires. He is very witty and funny and gave great analyses of why a particular element did not work for a skater, and how to improve it.

Hope NBC paid attention to it. They need to lose Scott and his "1-2-3" after the slo-mo of a skater's triple. We can add, Scott!

emma

Record Breaker
I really loved Weir's commentary during the men's SP. So, I just started to watch the ice desk stuff....caught a few minutes with Kim Navarro talking costumes. Gotta, say, it was a little weird...almost like they were nervous together or maybe just tired. That said, of course there were some nice comments (and I do like how Weir - at least in some cases - is so informed, like about who the designer is), but I found myself having my first major disagreement: I love, love, loved Rachel's dress and Weir really didn't. oh well. Still hope he becomes a commentator full time!