Senior Men's Free Skate | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol looks like we posted at the same time (moderators please delete my other thread, thanks!). :)

ps: you're doing a Great Job with your live PBP, Backstage Barbie, per usual, now where's your rival icemusings. Lol, j/k. :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Allright they're playing the Rolling Stones "Paint it Black", what a way to wake everybody up! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Geeze, can anything else can more depressing, skating to "Funeral for a Friend" by Elton John all in black. :( Seriously, what a bad choice of music, ugh. And too bad about Alexander Aiken's opening popped 3A attempt. This is just not my cup of tea so not paying attention, sorry.

jazzee4

Rinkside
Where's Johnny Weir? I thought he was going to be commentating...maybe just the top groups?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well I for one am glad that it's back to the status quo, especially for so early in the morning, there should only be one color commentator (too much is too much like Scott & Sandra Bezic last night on NBC). :disapp: But I give credit to Johnny's first time on air commentating with Tonia, by the end of the night I was loving it and seriously see Johnny taking over where Mr. Dick Button left off (ah, a whole generation gone with the departure of Mr. Button, it was great while it lasted!). :thumbsup:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great program by Daniel Raad! :clap: And he really does look like a GLADIATOR! :rock: Perfect figure for this program; btw I noted that the other night as well, lol. *blush*

And his 3A was HUGE, too bad about the doubled planned quad, but great jumps, little stiff with the arms, but what a man. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
lol where have you been living, under a rock. :biggrin: 2 spots only, alas. :( just like the ladies. :(

SLouise

Rinkside
I like Daniel Raad. He's kind of fascinating to watch. He doesn't at all move like a figure skater. It's like watching a movie with a construction worker who tried to skate on a dare and discovered he had a talent for it.

jazzee4

Rinkside
I thought I remembered only two spots, and I'm sure they'll say it/have said it a million times in the broadcast, but alas, my kids & husband trashed the house this week while I was watching skating constantly and I've been trying to clean between skaters! :(

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Lol looks like we posted at the same time (moderators please delete my other thread, thanks!). :)

ps: you're doing a Great Job with your live PBP, Backstage Barbie, per usual, now where's your rival icemusings. Lol, j/k. :laugh:

Haha thankfully icemusings is one of my best friends (in really life) so we enjoy doing play-by-play together

Nadine

Record Breaker
Excellent program from Richard Dornbush; give him huge props for the going for the quad (looks like he got full revolutions before falling) and his 3axels are beauts! :cool:

ps: SLouise, au contraire, where you say "construction worker", I say GLADIATOR! :biggrin:

SLouise

Rinkside
Excellent program from Richard Dornbush; give him huge props for the going for the quad (looks like he got full revolutions before falling) and his 3axels are beauts! :cool:

ps: SLouise, au contraire, where you say "construction worker", I say GLADIATOR! :biggrin:

LOL - I guess a movie could be made where gladiators had access to an ice rink. :laugh:

Richard is so entertaining. Nice to see him have a fairly good skate.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Out of all the men that have skated thus far I would have to say that Wesley Campbell had the best figure for f.s., reminiscent of Jeremy Abbott, long beautiful elegant lines. Too bad about the 3A fall, but if he could get a better program, costume, et al, his marks would improve so much. Jmho. Good job. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRANDON, GET IT TOGETHER, ROCK THE HOUSE, STOP LOOKING SO GLUM!!!!!!!! :rock:

ps: who's the read head? That head of hair stands out! :eek: Lol the commentator just called him William "Rooster", ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, it's "Brewster", not Rooster, this said after recovering from a hysterical fit of laughter. :D

Back on track, I found William's 3A the most interesting, it was huge, but Tonia said UR, but I thought it was just 2footed, hmmm. Great job except started to wear down after the 1st half. :(