Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Another painful outing for Mroz. I feel for him. Unlike Tonia, I think Carmen was a terrible choice for him. Not one drop of seductiveness in the long Habanera section. He has a Don Jose personality these days, they should use Don Jose music. (It happens to be beautiful too.)

I think he choose Carmen hoping that the music would carry him without his having to but in too much effort. The music has the ability to make a good skate feel like a great one...but if your not even going to put out one good skate all season...Bizet can only take you so far. Mroz seems to have dedicated the lion's share of his training to the quad lutz and in the short term that didn't help him. Maybe he can find a good balance after by next season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now comes the final 2 groups, YES, may you all skate your best, gentlemen, BRING IT ON, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

icebeauty

On the Ice
yay! NBC is showing Jeremy and Adam's SP...only
which means will will get all of the LPs! (including Jonathan and Grant)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I'm having a great time watching this with my eldest sister, the comments she makes are insightful and funny. :biggrin:

And, yeah, NBC is showing the top 2 again, which I can honestly do without. I mean I love Jeremy's performance and Adam came through, but come on show us something new. *rolls eyes*

Btw, my sister made me lol when she said of John Coughlin "he looks like an old man" with the most serious expression, she wasn't trying to be funny, just honest. :laugh: And for the offended, I personally love D&C as a brand new pairing, they're POWERFUL and that's what the USA needs imho. :cool:

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Very impressive performance by Adam. I love his reaction! Always great to see a skater ecstatic after doing well. LOL at him wanting to break stuff.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Lol I'm having a great time watching this with my eldest sister, the comments she makes are insightful and funny. :biggrin:

And, yeah, NBC is showing the top 2 again, which I can honestly do without. I mean I love Jeremy's performance and Adam came through, but come on show us something new. *rolls eyes*

It may not be new to us, but it's new to most people watching.

Nadine

Record Breaker
and not just in Pairs, the USA needs power in every single discipline. :)

Wow, watching the Truth Booth and Adam looks so very young, like a little boy, so different from last year, good for him! :cool:

icebeauty

On the Ice
HEY! some of us have yet to see them since we can't afford the $40 IN subscription...so glad NBC's doing the men's broadcast well...show us top SPs and then doo all the LPs their scheduled to do.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Jeremy taking notes from the dude who won last year who I loved and can't remember his name, haha. Anyway, I love this program! Lots of energy and it really flows and isn't just a bunch of skills chucked together.

Macassar88

Medalist
Ugh, I hate the way that Abbott's boots look in the SP. It makes it look like he's wearing a pair of ugly women's shoes.

Nadine

Record Breaker
It's good to see a full house, same as with pairs, and I agree with Peter Carruthers that skating today in the last 2 groups made all the difference in the world to the 3rd pair group. :cool:

Talking with my sister, I realize what a hardcore figure skating fan I am, paying for IN, even the price hike, going to competitions when I can (including the 2010 Olympics), buying books, et al. Yes, I definitely support f.s. in more ways than one. I'm not a millionaire, but I know what I like, and therefore I support it in any way that I can. :) Same goes for my other interests. Here's to NBC bringing in more f.s. fans! *cheers* :love:

I am in love! What a program. I just love Benji Schwimmer--he was my favorite winner ever on So You Think You Can Dance. He's quick and loves balance change, which he's managed to translate into skating choreography. And Abbott has been able to interpret it. Gloriosky! This is a winner. I hope he gets the gold so he can take this program out into the world.

Art&Sport

Medalist

Btw, my sister made me lol when she said of John Coughlin "he looks like an old man" with the most serious expression, she wasn't trying to be funny, just honest. :laugh: And for the offended, I personally love D&C as a brand new pairing, they're POWERFUL and that's what the USA needs imho. :cool:

Jeremy's and Adam's short programs were so great -- they both deserved to be shown on television, for the first time!

Enjoy D/C, Nadine. I'm glad that Caydee decided to let down her hair -- I don't like her look with the bun b/c it's not really how she rocks her skating, IMO. D/C might be athletic, and the new U.S. pairs champions, but they still have a lot of work to do to improve and up their difficulty -- gain more stretch and find their identity on the ice. Right now they are not competitive with the top 6 in the world.

Back to the men!