entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

entries

tampro1

Rinkside
What's the point of naming Worlds and 4CC teams and alternates after Nationals if the USFSA is going to send who they really want anyway? lol Guess they don't really want Armin representing the USA.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Armin has been a big Mao fan and he has Youtube tributes to her with his piano playing her skating music. They met last year, I think, and had pictures taken. Cute and I was happy for him.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
What's the point of naming Worlds and 4CC teams and alternates after Nationals if the USFSA is going to send who they really want anyway? lol Guess they don't really want Armin representing the USA.

Um, Dornbush was named 1st alternate for 4CC. Which isn't entirely unprecedented; they named Johnny 1st alternate to Worlds over Ryan in 2009, though there was a lot more of that sort of thing this year. Who knows if they actually expected anyone to withdraw, but it's like they're not doing things in accordance with who they named.

Barb

Record Breaker
Thank you Olympia and CoyoteChris I got my tickets, it is incredible the cheap that the tickets are, I mean in comparision with other events. And yes I would like that Armin go to 4cc.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great, chapis....yes, this event is extreamly cheep to go to. IIRC, the tickets get you into the world figure skating museum for free, too. Normally, I dont do exhibitions, but the one I saw in 2007 was one of the best ever.
Really different. Have a great time....

GF2445

Record Breaker
Though the chance of an Australian skater winning a medal is slim to none, since i'm an aussie i'll always support them.
The mens team look stronger with all the skaters doing more triples or triple-triples at nationals as well as a triple axel for some of the skaterss And the Australian dance team has been training with A. Krylova and P Camerlergo and have been training partners with weaver and poje for the last year so i really hope some P/B's could be smashed!!

With the ladies, the aussies are sending young junior skaters so i hope its a good experience for them.

Welcome, GF2445. Thanks for joining us. I'll be rooting for your guys and gals to deliver the goods. :yes:

cotillion

Rinkside
whats happened to Reed & Reed ,are they injured or retired? They have w/d from everything but one comp this season!

icellist

On the Ice
i may be late on this, but i just noticed. Did gizmo retire? (aka Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA)
one of the grannies of figure skating (along with Suguri)

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I rescind my comment about Japan not sending Kozuka and/or Hanyu.

As much as I love those two and regret not being able to see them here in Colorado, Machida and Mura were absolutely phenomenal yesterday. Especially Mura. Who would have thought that Japan's #5 skater would be trailing the reigning world champion and current world record holder by a few points?