Podium Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Podium Predictions

Layfan

Record Breaker
The ladies are hard to predict with so few top women competing. Of course, I hope Mao wins - certainly the gold is hers to lose. I'd bet on Murakami, Ashley and Agnes for the other spots on the podium but it's too hard for me to say who or in what order. Really really rooting for Ashley though! What a boost a medal would be ahead of worlds. I certainly don't see her missing the podium if she skates like she did at nationals or better.

As for the men, I'd be surprised and bummed if Patrick and Takahashi didn't medal of course. And I hope Jeremy also medals but there are other contenders. Really, though, Jeremy SHOULD medal at this one.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
As usual, no predictions from me, just wishes:

Men:

Chan - gold
Takahashi - silver
Abbott - bronz

Ladies:

Asada - gold

Dance:

Davis&White - gold
Virtue&Moir - silver

(And then at 2012 worlds, Virtue&Moir gold, Davis&White silver.:laugh: Really can't pick who are better.)

Pairs:

Doesn't matter.

jettasian

Match Penalty
After countless sleepless nights, pulling grey hair, biting nails and eating chocolates, I'm ready to make my bold prediction, LOL

WOMEN

1. Mao Asada
2. Cynthis Phaneuf
3. Kanako Murakami

MEN

1. Patrick Chan
2. Nan Song
3. Daisuke Takahashi

PAIRS

1. Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford
2. Wenjing Sui/Cong Han
3. Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran

ICE DANCE

1. Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
2. Meryl Davis/Charlie White
3. Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
men

patrick chan 1st
daisuke murakami 2nd
jeremy abbott 3rd

dance

virture and moir 1st
davis and white 2nd
shibutani/weaver poje 3rd

pairs

zhang zhang 1st
duhamel radford 2nd
denny coughlin 3rd

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
LADIES

1) Mao Asada 2) Ashley Wagner 3) Kanako Murakami

But Caroline Zhang could sneak in there, or one of the Canadian ladies.. or Agnes.

MEN

1) Patrick Chan 2) Daisuke Takahashi 3) Jeremy Abbott

How can this NOT be the podium? lol. Unless Rippon or Song sneaks on.

PAIRS

1) Duhamel/Radford 2) Sui/Han 3) Denney/Coughlin

Although, don't count out Takahashi/Tran.

DANCE

1) Davis/White 2) Virtue/Moir 3) Shibutanis or Weaver/Poje, too close to call.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1.) Asada
2.) Murakami
3.) Wagner

Altough, silver and bronze are rather hard to predict, might aswell switch them. And I wouldn't mind Zawadski and Zhang sneaking up there.

Men:

1.) Chan
2.) Takahashi
3.) Song Nan

It's sad that Abbott is out due to injury. But it makes it easier for me to predict, since I really didn't know how to rate him against Song. Song really had a great season so far, and I hope he continues like that :)

nynyfee

Rinkside
Caroline will need to finish as top U.S. lady here ( which she has done twice ) to regain some credibility. I figure most ISU judges haven't seen a 3loop/3loop in over a decade, so she might just squeek into the final freeskate group. That will provide a slight psychological boost with the judges over the lower ladies.

Not true Amelie Lacoste did one in 2010 in skate Canada

sweetskates1

Medalist
Ladies:
1.Asada
2.Wagner
3.Zhang

Men:
1.Chan
2.Takahashi
3.Rippon

Dance:
1.D/W
2.V/M
3.S/S

Pairs:
1.D/C
2.Z/Z
3.D/R

roemerr

Rinkside
Ladies:
1. Asada
2. Wagner
3. ????

Men:
1. Chan
2. Takahashi
3. Rippon

Dance:
1. D/W
2. V/M
3. S/S

Pairs:
1. S/H
2. D/R
3. ????

I think pairs will be very interesting because I think many of the teams are very similar in their scoring abilities. It will depend on who puts it out there cleanly at the event. I just hope Denney and Coughlin can sneak in for a medal.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Caroline will need to finish as top U.S. lady here ( which she has done twice ) to regain some credibility. I figure most ISU judges haven't seen a 3loop/3loop in over a decade, so she might just squeek into the final freeskate group. That will provide a slight psychological boost with the judges over the lower ladies.

I don't think so necessarily! If Caroline has a decent skate and Ashely and Agnes also have decent skates and finish above Caroline it's not something to be ashamed of. I am sure she will be disappointed but all three ladies are talented and if they skate decently they will not have lost credibility, win or lose, IMO. Of course, if all three American ladies skate well it's hard not to see at least one of them on the podium, given their competition here.

icellist

On the Ice
Ladies:
Asada
Wagner
Zhang
(Hoping Imai/Kwak to do well!)

Men:
Chan
Takahashi
Rippon
(Hoping J10/D10 to do well!)

Dance:
D/W
V/M
S/S
(Hoping W/P and H/D to do well!)

Pairs:
D/R
E/L
T/T
(Hoping M/B and L/S to do well!)

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I always suck at these things LOL :p

LADIES

Gold - Mao Asada Japan
Silver - Kanako Murakami Japan
Bronze - Caroline Zhang USA (sing along now: Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' Plannin' and dreamin' each night)

MEN

Gold - Patrick Chan Canada
Silver - Daisuke Takahasti Japan
Bronze - Adam Rippon USA

PAIRS actually more wishing than predicting for this batch

Gold - Wenjing Sui/Cong Han China
Silver - Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran Japan
Bronze - Mary Beth Marley/Rockne Brubaker USA

ICE DANCE

Gold - Meryl Davis/Charlie White USA
Silver - Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir Canada
Bronze - Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani USA

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Ladies

Gold- Ashley Wagner
Silver- Mao Asada
Bronze- Amélie Lacoste

Men
Gold- Patrick Chan
Silver- Daisuke Takahashi
Bronze- Kevin Reynolds

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Mao
2. Ashley
3. Caroline

Men
1. Patrick
2. Daisuke
3. Nan

Pairs
1. Duhamel & Radford
2. Takahashi & Tran
3. Sui & Han

Ice Dance
1. Davis & White
2. Virtue & Moir
3. Weaver & Poje

RUS84

Rinkside
Ladies
1. Mao
2. Ashley
3. Caroline

Men
1.Daisuke
2. Chan
3. Nan

Pairs
1. Duhamel & Radford
2. Takahashi & Tran
3. Sui & Han

Ice Dance
1. Davis & White
2. Virtue & Moir
3. Weaver & Poje

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
For the ladies,

Obviously, this is Mao's competition to lose. Unless she has a major implosion, I can't see anyone else on top of the podium.

Silver and bronze is another story. My gut says Ashley, but Kanako (if she performs like she did at nationals) has a good shot as well. If Kanako can put in her 3t-3t or 3f-3t, she'll give herself an edge BUT Ashely mentioned adding a 3-3 to her programs going forward with the rest of the season too, so it will come down to execution there. Also, Agnes has a shot if she can pull off a clean SP and follow it up with a decent LP...but therein lies her problem.

I'd love to see Caroline medal here but the field may be a little too deep. Her rep points with the international judges are way down, so she's in a rebuilding phase. All she needs to do is have a strong showing here like she did at nationals, especially if she throws that 3l-3l in the SP. It's such a rarely attempted combo and I don't care what that damn tech caller said at nationals, that was a clean combo. If Caroline can execute that here, she'll undoubtedly find herself in that final group. I'd love to see her make top 5.