Men's 2003 Grand Prix Final | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's 2003 Grand Prix Final

Who should have won the 2003 Grand Prix Men's final?

• Evgeny Plushenko

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Emmanuel Sandhu

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Other (Please, PLEASE explain a response to THIS one!! Hee hee)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have not seen this competition, but have understood that it was the rules which gave the win to Sandhu. Because of that Sandhu was the rightful winner although Plushenko outskated him.

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html

From what I've read from other posters Sandhu won on a technicality. When I brought up the technicality, a poster responded by saying according to the scores before Plush's 'illegal' combo, had he just completed a triple, he would have won. I'll buy it but I am not sure.

Joe

jozmen01

Rinkside
The few responders to this poll who were AT the GP Finals in Colorado Springs, like I was, all seem to believe that Sandhu won the competition.

He was NOT outskated by Plushenko, as has been stated.

Maybe Plushy will win a 3rd World title, maybe not. But each competition should be judged on its own merits and Sandhu rightly won that night. His spins were much better than Plushenko's, his presentation was better, his jumps seemed better - he had better run out. Sandhu deserved to win, Plushenko did not.

Of course Plushenko seemed disappointed on the 2nd step of the podium - but did he deserve the 1st step? A resounding NO!

aliaschick

Rinkside
Sandhu. And not just b/c I am totally biased and totally LOVE him! Plushenko did an extra combination and was not rewarded. If he had followed the rules then he would have won. But he didn't and was marked fairly imo. But that said, I am biased. I'll admit it. I love the E-man!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I hadn't seen this poll before. I was at GPF, and Evgeni outskated Eman, and yes, I will add in my opinion. However, under the guidelines of the CoP, Eman won, and that's fine. But if you (still) haven't seen either of them skate, then don't assume that Eman was the clear winner. But his skate was awesome, and I was glad I was able to see him put together two good skates.

Laura :)

edited to add: And Kevin Van Der Perren wuz robbed of a bronze! Maybe we should start a poll about that. :D