TV Alert: Pandora Unforgettable Moments of Love on Ice - Ovation TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

TV Alert: Pandora Unforgettable Moments of Love on Ice - Ovation TV

Is it my imagination, or is Katia even better now than she was? Her jumps seem more solid, and she did a bang-up spreadeagle, which I haven't seen her do since her days of amateur skating with Sergei. Her double axel was wonderful.

I don't know why Katia and Ilia don't seem to skate together ever. That one program they did together in about 2000 for Stars on Ice was so stupendous.

Wasn't it fun? And Joannie was so good in that upbeat French number. Just a terrific assortment of skaters and moods, and Nancy and Kristi did a fine job as announcers.

I loved the ads also. Kurt's children are so dear, and Katia, Ilia, and Liza are adorable together. Isn't it ironic, though: Katia, one of the most beautiful women in the world, has two daughters, and each of them looks like her respective father instead of like Katia. (Of course, both Sergei and Ilia are exceedingly fine-looking themselves--well, Sergei was. May he rest in peace.)

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
For a woman of around 40, Katya skated with great energy and sparkle, especially in her second solo number in the red dress! Kimmie looked fabulous, and she looks so healthy and happy! I thought Joannie looked especially pretty, and so did Miki Ando. The only element I didn't much care for was the live music. I'd much rather see an entire show with skaters performing to recorded music.

I also enjoyed the spots with the skaters' families and the visits to the hospitals. Tara Lipinski looked fabulous, and do you realize she will be 30 this June 10th? I am wondering if we will see her actually skate on future skating specials.

Finally, for Mathman - Are you there, Mathman? - I want to go back to a phrase which I myself proudly originated - GIMMIE KIMMIE!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved watching Sasha skate as I always have....she's just as exqisite as she's always been.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I loved watching Sasha skate as I always have....she's just as exqisite as she's always been.

I think she's a better skater than she was when she was competing - better edges, more secure. She also looks better with more muscle and meat on her. She was too skinny when she competed. This is a better look for her all the way around.

I think she's a better skater than she was when she was competing - better edges, more secure. She also looks better with more muscle and meat on her. She was too skinny when she competed. This is a better look for her all the way around.

My friend and I were talking on the phone about this show, and she said that in the old days Sasha could have fit through the eye of a needle. I just loved that phrase and am still smiling over it. LIke you, I like the more solid Sasha and love that she's still enjoying skating. She still has that gorgeous straight back, too.

R.D.

Record Breaker
thanks for sharing.

I did watch some of this show after the Nationals gala and actually, it was Ando that was the highlight for me. I never cared for her competitive skating but I saw a different side of her when I saw her live at Caesars. A bit surprising, but she seemed to have this quality about her that got your attention. I thought it would be lost on TV, and while some of it was, she still looked much better than any time I saw her compete.

I thought she was great too. Her first number was so emotional - it brought tears to my eyes, which doesn't happen often with skating for me. And I loved Joannie's French number. She could go a long way with that in the USA where French accents are so je ne sais quoi. They were both strong, fit, and beautiful.