Anyone watch the Gala skate? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anyone watch the Gala skate?

Nadine

Record Breaker
IN now has up the *entire* Skating Spectacular on their site! :love:

I just watched the whole thing, fastforwarding during some parts, but it was great. After watching it on IN, I now realize how much NBC left out. :(

And I'd like to give a shout out to TONIA KWIATKOWSKI & JOHNNY WEIR, they're absolutely wonderful together! :bow: :thumbsup: Truthfully, on a scale of 1-10, they are a 11, with Sandra Bezic & Scott Hamilton a 1. I now have found my Dick Button (whom I've missed tremendously over the years) in Johnny Weir, and Tonia is like nobody else, just herself. They complement each other perfectly, and I hope they never leave IN. However, I think it would be to the viewer's advantage if they also commentated for NBC as well.

Okay, back to the skating, I enjoyed the little girl that won the Novice Ladies Title ~ her program reminded me a bit of LuLu's "Butterfly Lovers", and her Pearl Spin was fantastic!

Also, the Jr. Ice Dance Champions were a delight ~ they skated to "Proud Mary" and really got into it; and it's so good to finally see an ice dance pair that is the same height, the way it used to be, and hopefully will be again.

But the ones I have been waiting for didn't disappoint ~ Donlan & Speroff ~ close-ups of the both of them (you can really see the resemblance to Katia in Gretchen's face at the very beginning), with Johnny supplying some interesteing info. (he first met Andrew when he was 9 yrs. old & weighed 40 lbs., lol, Andrew that is). The pairs had just skated hours earlier, so I wasn't too surprised they were a little off; they missed grabbing each other's hand right before their throw 3S, and as a result Gretchen doubled her HUGE 3S and stepped out of it, but otherwise it was a FANTASTIC performance to "Time To Say Goodbye" (tied with Anissina & Peizerat as my favorite versions of this timeless classic piece of music). :love:

I also enjoyed the info. Johnny & Tonia supplied during Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier's performance (the 2012 Jr. Pairs Champions btw). I didn't know that they used to skate together years ago, but then broke up and skated with different partners, finally getting back together this past year? and winning the Jr. Pairs Title! :)^) Seems Tonia was right on the money "you don't know what you have till it's gone", "but luckily they found each other again". So true; I see that not only in pairs, but ice dance as well. Jmho.

This one's a keeper. Just so happy that I can log onto IN whenever I want to and watch it again ad infinitum. I honestly enjoy it much much better than the television broadcast. :)^)