Podium Predictions | Golden Skate

Podium Predictions

colleen o'neill

Medalist
No prediction, but best of luck to Orford/Williams , Aldridge /Eaton , Papadakis/Cizeron..my official ice dance adoptees this year.;):laugh:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Girls:
1-Julia
2-Adelina
3 - Polina (if she doesn't bomb the program)
4 - Gracie (she may be the 3d if Polina is meh)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No prediction, but best of luck to Orford/Williams , Aldridge /Eaton , Papadakis/Cizeron..my official ice dance adoptees this year.;):laugh:

me too, this was probably a bad idea making this thread
I dont want to make my predictions too as I don't want to jinx anybody. :laugh:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No predictions, just thoughts

Junior Men
This definitely feels like a four-into-three type situation with Tanaka (silver medalist last year), Yan, Farris and Brown duking it out for three spots. Of the four, Yan is my favourite, but I really want Farris to have a strong championship after missing out last season due to the unfortunate Nationals skate. I'm curious about Dolensky and Firius. The latter ages out this year, so I hope for a solid top-ten placement. Nguyen's here for the experience (as are most, admittedly) but it'll be interesting to see where he ranks as well.

Junior Ladies
Another four-into-three, with Julia, Adelina, Polina and Gracie going for it. If you asked me to guess, I'd go Julia-Gracie-Adelina, but I wouldn't be surprised if Adelina regrouped and won gold again. Shoji, Lam, Li, and Gao are all spot stealers and could get a medal with sterling skates and some misfortune to others. For Osmond, placing in the 4-6 member nations is an achievement as it allows Canada to send a junior skater to every JGP event - but even with the relative dominance of a few nations, we could see spoilers in Joshi Helgesson and Juulia Turkkila. Should all the mentioned skaters place above her, Canada loses out.

Junior Pairs
Another corronation for Sui/Han, and yes, it's ridiculous. After that, it's a gong show. Danankova/Deputat had a sterling Nationals, Yu/Jin have some high base value elements, Simpson/Blackmer have the JGP bronze (and two surprisingly good programs) and Bobak/Beharry have the silver (ditto).

Junior Dance
Another corronation, this time for Sinitsina/Zhinganshin (after which, lets hope they follow their new-to-senior training mates and ditch Kustarova). A Russian sweep is probable, but lets hope that Stepanova/Bukin make it interesting and come close to gold, because I like them more. Ditto colleen's wish

DianaSelene

Medalist
No predictions, just thoughts

Junior Men
This definitely feels like a four-into-three type situation with Tanaka (silver medalist last year), Yan, Farris and Brown duking it out for three spots. Of the four, Yan is my favourite, but I really want Farris to have a strong championship after missing out last season due to the unfortunate Nationals skate. I'm curious about Dolensky and Firius. The latter ages out this year, so I hope for a solid top-ten placement. Nguyen's here for the experience (as are most, admittedly) but it'll be interesting to see where he ranks as well.

Junior Ladies
Another four-into-three, with Julia, Adelina, Polina and Gracie going for it. If you asked me to guess, I'd go Julia-Gracie-Adelina, but I wouldn't be surprised if Adelina regrouped and won gold again. Shoji, Lam, Li, and Gao are all spot stealers and could get a medal with sterling skates and some misfortune to others. For Osmond, placing in the 4-6 member nations is an achievement as it allows Canada to send a junior skater to every JGP event - but even with the relative dominance of a few nations, we could see spoilers in Joshi Helgesson and Juulia Turkkila. Should all the mentioned skaters place above her, Canada loses out.

Junior Pairs
Another corronation for Sui/Han, and yes, it's ridiculous. After that, it's a gong show. Danankova/Deputat had a sterling Nationals, Yu/Jin have some high base value elements, Simpson/Blackmer have the JGP bronze (and two surprisingly good programs) and Bobak/Beharry have the silver (ditto).

Junior Dance
Another corronation, this time for Sinitsina/Zhinganshin (after which, lets hope they follow their new-to-senior training mates and ditch Kustarova). A Russian sweep is probable, but lets hope that Stepanova/Bukin make it interesting and come close to gold, because I like them more. Ditto colleen's wish

Monko/Khaliavin finally got smart and left Kustarova for Zhulin. S/Z should do the same if they want to succeed. I cannot stand her. Why does she have so many pairs? There are other coaches in Russia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
btw, Sui/Han winning 3rd World Junior Championships in a row is that a record for junior world pairs ?

Monko/Khaliavin finally got smart and left Kustarova for Zhulin. S/Z should do the same if they want to succeed. I cannot stand her. Why does she have so many pairs? There are other coaches in Russia.

what is weird about Kustarova is, her ice dance are actually successful at juniors level, Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khaliavin, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and yes even Yanovskaia/Mozgov are hers lol, but for some reason once they transition to seniors they get stagnant and never improve other than the ugly postures
see B/S

hohoho

On the Ice
"Junior Ladies
Another four-into-three, with Julia, Adelina, Polina and Gracie going for it. If you asked me to guess, I'd go Julia-Gracie-Adelina, but I wouldn't be surprised if Adelina regrouped and won gold again. Shoji, Lam, Li, and Gao are all spot stealers and could get a medal with sterling skates and some misfortune to others. For Osmond, placing in the 4-6 member nations is an achievement as it allows Canada to send a junior skater to every JGP event - but even with the relative dominance of a few nations, we could see spoilers in Joshi Helgesson and Juulia Turkkila. Should all the mentioned skaters place above her, Canada loses out."

It should be an interesting JW for Osmond. She didn't show a 3Lz at nationals at all. But word out there is she has the 3Lz now. Must not have been ready for nationals. I found an interview on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMI9IcDFG4&list=UUXc_4g5FXPtHWBD6c20XimA&index=2&feature=plcp). Nice 3 Lz.

From what I remember, she held her own at her two previous JGP events, but didn't do too well with triple jumps. Seems she has progressed alot over this year.

macy

Record Breaker
1-3 is gonna be tough with ladies especially if lipnitskaya, sotnikova, and gold all skate 2 clean programs. if thats the case then i think sotnikova will have it, but then 2-3 would be extremely close. if gracie gets rewarded the GOE's she can earn on her jumps she might grab silver, but then again has almost no international experience, whereas julia has the advantage right there and has also been skating very well all season, but the same with gold. i don't want to make any calls right now because i just don't know. IMO all three of them have as good a chance for gold. i just hope there's not a splat fest with any of the 3.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
enlight, re your comment on Han Yan in your blog, he is not an inconsistent skater. He was sick at JGPF with a bad flu, having already lost substantial weight, and underperformed. He was coughing badly on the podium even. Of the bunch here, he is the most complete package and also seems to be the strongest mentally.

I see a Hanyan/Hanyu (;) at how similar their names are) rivalry in the next few years.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My predictions

Men
1. Yan Han
2. Jason Brown
3. Denis Ten
4. Joshua Farris
5. Ryuju Hino

Ladies
1. Julia Lipnitskaia
2. Gracie Gold
3. Adelina Sotnikova
4. Polina Shelepen
5. Christina Gao

Pairs
1. Sui/Han
2. Bobak/Beharry
3. Davankova/Deputat
4. Petaikina/Kurduykov
5. Yu/Jin

Ice Dance
1. Sinitsina/Zhiganshin
2. Stepanova/Bukin
3. Yanovskaia/Mozgov
4. Aldridge/Eaton
5. Orford/Williams

silverlake22

Record Breaker
My predictions

Men
1. Yan Han
2. Joshua Farris
3. Denis Ten
4. Jason Brown
5. Zhan Bush
6. Artur Dmietriev, Jr.

Ladies
1. Julia Lipnitskaia
2. Polina Shelepen
3. Gracie Gold
4. Adelina Sotnikova
5. Christina Gao
6. Risa Shoji

Pairs
1. Sui/Han
2. Bobak/Beharry
3. Yu/Jin
4. Davankova/Deputat
5. Denney/Frazier
6. Duarte/Grafton

Ice Dance
1. Sinitsina/Zhiganshin
2. Stepanova/Bukin
3. Aldridge/Eaton
4. Yanovskaia/Mozgov
5. Orford/Williams
6. Bonacorsi/Mager

Macassar88

Medalist
Sinitsina and Ziganshin need to switch ASAP. She's already developing Bobrova posture... I with that B/S would change as well. I don't think it's too late. Maybe for sochi, but not for Pyongchang.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

don't forget Yanovskaia and Mozgov :sheesh:
Yanovskaia looks like a Bobrova clone with her ugly postures,
I dont get how Kustarova gets so many new ice dance teams

AmuChan363

Rinkside
Junior Men:

1. Denis Ten
2. Yan Han
3. Jason Brown
Watching for: Shoma Uno and Nam Nguyen

Junior Ladies
1. Adelina Sotnikova
2. Julia Lipnitskaia
3. Polina Shelepen
Watching for: Gracie Gold, Zijun Li, Risa Shoji

Junior Pairs
1. Wenjing Sui/ Cong Han
2. Katherine Bobak/ Ian Beharry
3. Xiaoyu Yu/ Yang Jin
Watching: Margret Purdy/Micheal Marinaro

Junior Dance
1. Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
2. Anna Yanovskaia / Sergei Mozgov
3. Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Watching for: Nicole Orford/Thomas Williams

I know my predictions for some of them are pretty close to the JGPF standings, but I mean, there the best sign of how the competition will go.

Clover

Rinkside
My predictions:

Men -Joshua Farris, Yan Han and Dennis Ten [in some order]

Ladies - Russian sweep - Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova, Shelepen [ again Im not sure the order]

Pairs - I dont know at all

Dance - almost Russian sweep - 1 - Sinitsina/Zhiganshin 2- Stepanova/Bukin 3 - Aldridge/Eaton

Macassar88

Medalist
^

don't forget Yanovskaia and Mozgov :sheesh:
Yanovskaia looks like a Bobrova clone with her ugly postures,
I dont get how Kustarova gets so many new ice dance teams
It's because Bobrova and Soloviev are the Russian #1's, so more teams want to go to her.