MEN - Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just realized (had an epiphany) how much Ross Miner reminds me of Patrick Chan; replace Patrick's head with Ross's and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. They have the same body build and skate alike imho, which is a huge compliment to Ross. Who knows, Ross just might turn out to be the top dog of the USA guys? ;)

Back to Patrick, fall on the quad, the rest skated clean per usual.

jaylee

Medalist
No fall counted for patrick. I wasn't sure if they would, he had both hands down, but they don't always count that as a fall.

Huge clean 3A and combo for Machida to start.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
An SB with a fall on the q? They must not have counted it as a fall but....

I'm not a big Patrick Chan fan, but I thought this version was very much improved from his earlier SPs, even with the mistake. And no, they didn't count the fall.

I think there is an open door for Daisuke still.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No fall counted for patrick. I wasn't sure if they would, he had both hands down, but they don't always count that as a fall.

Huge clean 3A and combo for Machida to start.

I think it only counts as a fall if his butt lands on the ice.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Come on, please fs ... we all know Patrick Chan will win gold medal, but did they not even see that he fell on his first jump??? No deduction for the fall????!!!! They did not even show the fall on the replay, like they did for Adam's fall. How unfair is that, I ask you!

jaylee

Medalist
I think there has been a few seasons bests with falls so far

I have no problem with the idea of a skater getting a SB with a fall. But, I just thought he must've skated Take 5 better earlier in the season.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
An SB with a fall on the q? They must not have counted it as a fall but....

Also, he fell in the SP at TEB and the GPF, and had two errors at SC (doubled the axel, hand down on the quad). A season best doesn't mean a perfect skate, just means it's better than the others :D

Nadine

Record Breaker
Machida hit all his jumps & sold his program, but imho he's nowhere near Daisuke Takahashi nor Kozuka, I find him a tad boring. Jmho.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I just realized (had an epiphany) how much Ross Miner reminds me of Patrick Chan; replace Patrick's head with Ross's and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. They have the same body build and skate alike imho, which is a huge compliment to Ross. Who knows, Ross just might turn out to be the top dog of the USA guys? ;)

Back to Patrick, fall on the quad, the rest skated clean per usual.

Nadine, please enjoy your Patrick, and leave Ross Miner alone. For god's sake! If you are Canadian, enjoy your Chan -- have your cake and eat it too. Leave U.S. skaters alone. Practically our 1-8 men or more are better or as good as the top in the World. We don't need your judgements. Ross is a fine and very consistent skater. He needs to improve his presentation, and I'm sure he will get there. Adam should have better PCS than Ross.

These judges were overly harsh on Adam and overly generous, per usual for Patrick.

Last edited:
Machida nails his SP. How many skaters can keep up with music that fast? He seems to love performing and competing. Commanding jumps. Audience loves him!