MEN - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Guan's marks are slow. He impressed some people but only 2A.

Wow. 66.36 into 1st. Similar PCS as J10 but 5 points higher in TES. I wonder if J10 got UR.

Speaking of Johnny...!

Misha Ge's Swan was breathtaking. Now there is artistry. We may not see anything that beautiful the whole rest of the night. Beautiful 3-3 too and a gorgeous broken-leg spin.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, Misha Ge is skating to Johnny Weir's "White Swan" complete with comparable costume. :love: And except for the trouble on the 3A, everything else superb, though my 'puter conked out there during the 2nd half. :(

Will be interesting to see his marks??? He skates with a lot of emotion. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
2nd place, if he had hit the 3A with a bobble most likely 1st, good learning experience for Misha Ge. :)

And there's the 4th group with Adam Rippon leading. :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm disappoinnted Misha channeled Johnny because he has so much style of his own. He's not technically strong though.

64.49 into 2nd.

icemusings

On the Ice
Actually, both Melissa Bulanhagui and Christopher Caluza are representing the Phillippines this year, but previously competed at US Nationals.

Bautista and Harris competed in senior pairs and will represent PHI next season. Also, Powers/Powers, a junior team that used to compete for the US competed at PHI nationals.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice sentiment, Nadine, and I see you mean it sincerely, but it sounds a little bit patronizing too, especially in the way of your phrasing. I would have to say, "Great skate, Christopher Caluzza! You deserved better in the scoring, but be proud and remember all you can do is keep improving and doing your best out there, and learning. You can't control what the judges do, but if you concentrate on yourself and always do your best, the better marks will come. But don't ever let what the judges decide get you down."

Patronizing, nope, in no way/shape/form did I mean it in a patronizing way. Just to be clear. And I stand by my words.

skatinginbc

Medalist
I just checked Misha's profile on wikipedia and was surprised to discover that he can speak Chinese and is partially of Chinese descent.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, the whole time I was wondering if Adam was going to do the Rippon Lutz or play it safe with a Tano Lutz or regular lutz, but then he went for it and fell down afterwards. Still, should easily go into 1st place, he's miles ahead of the guys that have already skated.

Btw, IIRC Mao was having trouble with her 3A/Tano 2T and instead changed it to 3A/2T during the Olympic Year, I think Adam should do so as well for his Rippon Lutz just to be safe. Jmho. :)