Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Go ASHLEY, MAO and CAROLINE! I also love AGNES in the short. Bring it girls!

Ditto! I hope they all do well. It will be quite awhile before they
skate tho. Group 4 for Mao and Ashley and Group 5 for Caroline and Agnes.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yun from KOR did a nice opening 3S/2T, sat down on the 3F, and singled the 2A (also came down on 2feet). :( But nice spinner. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Venzon from PHI opened with a nice 2F, 3S/2T, fall on 2A, but her music "Dragons" was peppy (reminiscent of 1920's flapper music). :cool:

And I love her dress full of swarvoski crystals, lots of personality, shaking her shoulders. :)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Yay! Sandra made it to the freeskate. I hope I can find her video up on youtube or somewhere. I am wondering how the Thai girls will do compared to each other.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wang from TPE skated to Maria Butyrskaya's "Otonal"; nice opening 3/2, fall on 3F, big 2A, and okay spinner (not very flexible in the back). Good job. :)

ps: during warmup I recall the announcer saying she models figure skating apparel. :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Chindasook from THA opened with a nice 3/2, 2A, but popped her 3S (no transitions, just long entries going into them). She skated to "The Chairman's Waltz", one of her coaches is Frank Carroll. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Liu from TPE skated to Michelle & Rachael's "East of Eden"; fall on opening 3T, popped 3S, and extremely sloooooow in her Ina Bauer into 1A, but I like her yellow & black costume. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kiang from TPE skated to "Nostalgia" by Yanni; opened with a 3L (two-footed, UR & stepout), 3F(UR), 2A (hop on the end of it; split her legs & held her blade going into it; gorgeous). :)

Very long-limbed with artistic body, pretty hands. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Back just in time to see group 3 raring to go in the warmup area, waiting their turn to enter the ice. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lots of falls during warmup, doesn't bode well for the competition. :eek:hwell:

WARMUP OVER, TIME TO GET IT ON!!! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
My computer conked out right before Swang from THA skated. :cry: But I recall it said she was skating to "Imagine & Yesterday" by the Beatles. :cool:

Have no idea what she landed, will have to watch replay...

Lots of falls during warmup, doesn't bode well for the competition. :eek:hwell:

WARMUP OVER, TIME TO GET IT ON!!! :rock:

Nadine, thanks for the minute-by-minute update. I'm here at work and couldn't get a feed even if I were lounging at home, so you're my source. I'm delighted to know what's going on as I get the chance to check in here from time to time.