Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

emma

Record Breaker
I'm really, really happy for Ashley - so love seeing her confidence and being able to do two good short programs (nationals and here) back to back is fantastic!!! Yippy!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Wow Ashley! I had said it in GP also, she is a completely new skater, and the programs suit her very much!
I hope Trewn is partying tonight, and is convinced to go to worlds! what a comeback this season!:hb:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Violin Muse

3T+3T
3F
FSSp
LSp
2A
SlSt
CCoSp

A nice clean performance. She seems happy.

Score: 63.45, new PB and into 3rd

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Did Kanako grow even more? She looks like a lady now. Not a teeny bopper anymore. Very expressive.
I like.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Murakami skates are more mature program, still not completely refined though. But the massive speed! The jumps! She's on. The first high level skater in this comp to not make a mistake on jumps.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Nice one from Ashley!! I'm just excited for her Black Swan program--my favorite of the two this season. Kanako did fantastic...her skating posture still distracts me quite a bit >_< but she's becoming a worldwide crowd favorite--partial standing ovation :cool:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
When did Ashley start getting higher PCS than Kanako? Wow, national champ does give a big boost to PCS.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I still can't get over Ashley, barely even watched the Japanese skater that skated after her, I'm in la-la land. :yay:

Finally, she's doing this in front of the world and slowly but gradually earning rep points. :points:

evangeline

Record Breaker
No combo for Haruka.....

I would've placed Kanako a bit higher. Great speed, 3-3, and she really sold it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haruka IMAI (JPN)

Music: Song Without Words op. 109 by Felix Mendelssohn

3T - hand down, no combo
2Lo - stepout
FCSp
2A
CiSt
LSp
CCoSp

Sadly, too many mistakes...

Score: 45.19 and into 5th

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Murakami was sick yesterday, something like that I read. She looks very thin, grew up a lot! Great skate!!!

Chris_E

On the Ice
Ashley was great! Exactly what she needed to do here. She's never been scored that high and to be so close to Mao is great. Hopefully she can keep this up in the long, I'm worried with the altitude but I guess everyone will have that challenge as well. She skated like the US Champ and she got the score to show for it. Great job!

An off-night for Imai, too bad. But she;s the only Japanese lady who keeps her working leg straight in the layback. :thumbsup:

Nadine

Record Breaker
And I just noticed the twins (i.e. Phaneuf & Zawadzki) are skating right after each other; they're both MONSTER jumpers and look alike imho. :cool:

:love: :love: BRAVO, ASHLEY, BRAVO, ONCE AGAIN BRAVO!!!! :love: :love: