Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Agnes is such a gorgeous skater. But she seems to lack confidence. At least it looks like it. Love her layback. It's not just about the jumps, she has it all, to me.

I'm not crazy about her programs, but she's winning me over.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, this doesn't even seem like the same gal from early this season, she's made this music come alive! Sultry & jazzy, love it! :cool: She really sold the whole program, made the judges forget about that one mistake, and she should get MONSTER points for that HUGE 3L/2T! :points:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGNES!!!!!!!!! :rock: :love:

emma

Record Breaker
Not the best for Agnes....poor thing.

I was impressed with Caroline's triple loop triple loop attempt - looked like she got good height on the first one with really nice toe point. Good for her for a nice program!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA)

Music: Harlem Nocturne by Earle Hagen, arranged by David Rose
Whatever Lola Wants performed by Stan Kanton
Harlem Nocturne arranged by Duke Ellington

3T - stepout, fall
3Lz+2T
LSp
SlSt
FCSp
2A
CCoSp

Score: 52.87 and into 6th

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Judging by the TES, it looks like they gave the 3R to Caroline (and it did look clean to me, too). This would make Caroline a very tiny, tiny handful of ladies skaters (only other one I can think of right now is Adelina) who got a clean call on a combo-ending 3loop since the stricter UR calls were implemented. And really, Caroline is not someone I would expect to be in this group. But good for her! Still, soooo slow. Tip for coaches: take a rabid wild animal, set its tail on fire, put it on ice while your skater is training, and watch magic happen.

Speaking of slow, Agnes looked like she was skating in slow motion. A really cautious, fearful skate from Agnes. What happened?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hm. I wasn't impressed with the program... kinda dull to me... Josee Chouinard still has the best "technical program" to this music...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh no, Cynthia just imploded (least Agnes is not as inconsistent as her). :cry: Nice comeback with the 3R/2T though. :) And I love the new curls she has added to her hair. :cool:

It will be DO OR DIE time between the two Canadian gals come the FS. :eek: Who wants it the most...there can be only O-N-E...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN)

Music: Unbreak My Heart/Spanish Guitar
Bordao en oro
Afternoon at Satie's by Jesse Cook

2A - fall
3Lz - fall
3Lo+2T - landed, but not much speed
LSp
FSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Now, will this be enough to be ahead of Lacoste? Both underperformed by a LOT...

Score: 50.76, SB and into 8th (right behind Lacoste)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no I think she has tights that don't cover all the way to the toe of her boot on...

I LOVE her SP music, but I don't think her footwork matched at all... and I disagree with Tara (on UniSports) she wasn't as energetic as that music called for.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I know Agnes is relatively new to the international scene, but she has to skate clean (just like Ashley did) in order to get the marks.

The Russians are coming next year, the Russians are coming... :cool: :eek: :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Did she rotate them? Amelie missed a jump completely which was serious.

OK they are close.

Cynthia's landing of jumps is the best, when she lands them. So judges and fans didn't get to see that, till tomorrow.

mystichaze

On the Ice
The LP is going to be a nail biter between Amelie and Cynthia! So so close. I hope they perform better and really fight for that World's spot.