Men's LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Oh. Lord.

Let's hope this the absolute low point of his career. I lost track of how many jumps he popped. Four at least. And this is not a program that works when not well skated. Fortunately the audience was kind.

Is he having a mid-youth crisis or what?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy smokes, I wouldn't wish this on my worst anyone or anybody for that matter, I think he only landed 1 triple? :cry: This is so so so sad, endless pops. And if one is going to skate to Clint Eastwood music one must be cool in the vein of Evgeni Plushenko (i.e. "Blondie's" total confidence & command combined with "Angel Eyes" deadly charisma). Jmho.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Completely different league of skating by Ricky from the rest so far. But he lost just about all his jumps. I guess he had to choose between skating and jumping with what he had in the tank.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Now, if they don't judge that first element as a fall, at least we know the tech panel is being consistent.

ETA: Well, that's disappointing.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The USFS and everybody who defended its decision to send Richard over Armin to 4CC are helping themselves to some nutritious crow right about now. Not only did they break their own rules and tradition to send the far lower ranked Dudbush here instead of Armin, but Armin, who already trains in the area and is acclimated to the altitude, would've won just by being the last man not gasping for air in the fetal position.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
There really isn't much to say. The skaters are performing poorly. It's not largely their fault due to the conditions, and I doubt many are able to simulate such an environment (okay, do this program. But don't breathe). But it's not pleasurable to watch. I mostly feel bad since for many, we're not gonna see them again until next season's 4CC.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I know this is just a really sad competition because as I've *always* said the very best competitions are when everybody skates their best and you win. :) Like Mirai at 2008 Nationals. :cool: