Men's LP | Golden Skate

Men's LP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is a streaming site run by Skate Canada that is supposed to be not geoblocked.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/

Order of Skate:
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Luiz MANELLA BRA 19 50.17
2 Nicholas FERNANDEZ AUS 24 44.57
3 Jordan JU TPE 20 49.49
4 Min-Seok KIM KOR 21 49.39
5 Kevin ALVES BRA 22 47.96
6 Brendan KERRY AUS 23 47.01

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ 17 52.10
8 Richard DORNBUSH USA 13 61.34
9 Mark WEBSTER AUS 18 50.88
10 Jialiang WU CHN 15 56.19
11 Christopher CALUZA PHI 14 58.02
12 Alex Kang Chan KAM KOR 16 52.12

Warm-Up Group 3
13 Nan SONG CHN 8 69.34
14 Adam RIPPON USA 7 74.92
15 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 9 68.22
16 Jinlin GUAN CHN 10 66.36
17 Misha GE UZB 11 64.49
18 Jeremy TEN CAN 12 61.37

Warm-Up Group 4
19 Tatsuki MACHIDA JPN 4 82.37
20 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 3 82.59
21 Patrick CHAN CAN 1 87.95
22 Denis TEN KAZ 5 77.73
23 Takahito MURA JPN 2 83.44
24 Ross MINER USA 6 76.89

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh wow I just noticed that Mr. Sato was inducted into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame during the intermission (unfortunately only caught the last few minutes). Good for him! :cool: :thumbsup:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol what's with the "Beastie Boys" music, I haven't heard this since I was in highschool. :biggrin:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nicholas Fernandez from AUS looks like a very charismatic vampire.

And here's hoping Luiz Manella from BRA brings it like he did during the SP; his "Take 5" was FAB. :cool:

Brendan Kerry from AUS looks like a 13 yr. old Fedor Andreev from the Katia Special back in 1995 dedicated to Sergei.

The one good thing about watching these youngsters is you never know who will be thee next ONE...

And here's hoping Luiz Manella from BRA brings it like he did during the SP; his "Take 5" was FAB. :cool:
Nope. FP is a whole different kettle of fish.

COP makes programs so difficult that with some skaters (esp. lower level ones) they seem interminable. Maybe THAT's why the audiences are so pathetic.

Only four skaters eliminated for the FP? Wow.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, Luiz was really struggling out there due to the altitude, mouth hanging open, equilibrium off, I thought he was going to completely stop skating, good for him for making it through, but this gives me a BAD feeling for everybody else not used to this altitude. :cry: :eek: :think:

sweetskates1

Medalist
I felt out of breath with him.. I really like watching him and liked the music because it is so different from what I am used to listening to.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Luis started out reasonably strong. But then it was obvious the high altitude was getting to him. I've never seen a skater wheeze so violently and obviously before. And then he pretty much screwed up everything he tried. I couldn't even watch. That was just sad.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now THAT is a vampire on ice skates, BRAVO! :clap: Couple of falls, no biggie, but what he had was the crowd under his spell, even the judges, twitching his eyebrows at them, and ending with his butt spin right in front of those ladies sitting by the board, oh my! :eek: :biggrin:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Nicholas Fernandez had such tiny jumps. Easy jumps, too. He still two-footed most of them. And what's with all the standing still in this program? Just awful.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Crowd looks a bit bigger than yesterday, but what a low turnout. :cry: Seriously, they should've just given the tickets away for $5 at most, just to fill the seats, I recall Papa Henie would buy all the "figures tickets" then give them away free to the Norwegian sailors, et al, just to fill the seats, with instructions to clap & whistle for Sonja, which they did. Papa Henie was smart. ;) :cool: :biggrin:

The USFSA could learn a thing or two from him, in all seriousness...

I liked Fernandez. He's a good dancer.

Aw, poor baby (Ju). Fell out of a spin.

Why not have these things in or near NYC? It would be so much easier to paper the house. Not that I'm biased or anything...