Men's LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow Fedor Andreev's younger protege somehow managed to "hang on" (just barely) each & every one of his triple jumps, for that he has my utmost admiration. :bow:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nadine, always loved your posts, but this one puzzles me a bit -- THAT is a vampire on skates, whaa???, as opposed to all those other wannabe vampire skaters we've seen? (have we??) Is the altitude getting to my brain even though I'm not even there? :) But I guess "vamping" was entertaining compared to wondering of these poor guys are gonna pass out. :disapp:

Lol to me he looks like a real live vampire (if there is such a thing, lol :biggrin: ), that's what I meant. :)

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm just impressed that nobody passed out at the end of their LPs in the first group....hopefully the ISU reconsiders holding events at this altitude in the future.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmm, didn't realize we have an Olympian here, but they just mentioned the older gentleman from KAZ (btw he looks just like my cousin's boyfriend) is one. :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The announcer never pronounces the names the same way twice (and it's still always incorrect).

:laugh: At them playing Salt-N-Pepa's "Whatta Man (feat. En Vogue)". I doubt there are any men skating here. Prove me wrong, skaters!

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, Alex Kam is looking just as impressive as in the SP, if not more so, did you all see that HUGE GIGANTIC 3L!!!! :eek: :eek: :cool:

Puchi

On the Ice
Caluza looks already out of steam and he's barely in the second minute of the warm up....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm just impressed that nobody passed out at the end of their LPs in the first group....hopefully the ISU reconsiders holding events at this altitude in the future.

They held 4CC here in 2007 as well. The lowest man had a free skate score in the fifties.

jcoates

Medalist
Oh wow I just noticed that Mr. Sato was inducted into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame during the intermission (unfortunately only caught the last few minutes). Good for him! :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm late to the party. Terriffic news. He's a very classy guy. I love his calm temperament. He and John Nicks are my favorites in that regard.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight

IIRC, Colorado Springs has quite a figure skating tradition, so I expect that they will continue to hold figure skating events there. I remember when some skaters from the other hemisphere had to have oxygen after their performances there, but the show went on.

Nadine

Record Breaker
3 falls, a few pops here & there, but he never gave up on the performance, and I like this "Addams Family" music, but every time I hear it I cannot help but think of Sarah Abitbol & Stephane Bernadis of FRANCE, whom did it thee best, as well as their Can-Can that year, ahhh memories. :love:

Still, the FSs are seemingly *endless* like they're never going to end...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Skating to the Addams Family film soundtrack is only acceptable if you're 12, and this was 20 years ago. And did Abzal actually mime scenes from the movie? Not that many people saw the film when it was new, and it has not aged well.