Men's LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Awkward! Jordan Ju sits down on a sit spin, no way to get back into it, and just had to stand there and wait until his footwork sequence starts.

sweetskates1

Medalist
lol :) I love your random flashbacks!

Crowd looks a bit bigger than yesterday, but what a low turnout. :cry: Seriously, they should've just given the tickets away for $5 at most, just to fill the seats, I recall Papa Henie would buy all the "figures tickets" then give them away free to the Norwegian sailors, et al, just to fill the seats, with instructions to clap & whistle for Sonja, which they did. Papa Henie was smart. ;) :cool: :biggrin:

The USFSA could learn a thing or two from him, in all seriousness...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
They better have medics and an oxygen tank at standby. Some of the guys are pushing themselves when they probably like to drop dead.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ITA with you SkateFiguring, and I am *not* being facetious. It's a matter of safety.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I enjoyed Kim from Korea but honestly, watching these guys lose steam towards the end is making me want to wheeze..

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Min-Seok Kim started out really strong. I was wondering why he was stuck with this flight of misfits. Must've really stunk it up in the SP. But he, too, fizzled out as the altitude got to him. Still, a skate that didn't make me cringe.

Nadine

Record Breaker
We're seeing a lot of falls because of the altitude imho, doesn't look pretty, hopefully the last two elite groups can handle it better.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
what a nice surprise to see a Korean skater like this! Nice costumes, good program and good jumps, doesn't hurt that he's so good looking and has nice lines! A very nice whole package! He gets all the qualities to be a top skater imo.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm so glad Worlds wasn't held here last season (one of the provisional ideas before Moscow was selected, if you recall).

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Excuse me Kevin Alves, how are you going to skate this slow to such rousing music? Carmen's long dead and buried and you're still not done with your steps.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Now THAT is a vampire on ice skates, BRAVO! :clap: Couple of falls, no biggie, but what he had was the crowd under his spell, even the judges, twitching his eyebrows at them, and ending with his butt spin right in front of those ladies sitting by the board, oh my! :eek: :biggrin:

Nadine, always loved your posts, but this one puzzles me a bit -- THAT is a vampire on skates, whaa???, as opposed to all those other wannabe vampire skaters we've seen? (have we??) Is the altitude getting to my brain even though I'm not even there? :) But I guess "vamping" was entertaining compared to wondering of these poor guys are gonna pass out. :disapp: