Men's LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
No other man in the world can make his jumps look quite as effortless as Daisuke--no one :love:

100yen

Medalist
im assuming because he is Japanese
Pokemon is made in Japan

Haha it wouldn't surprise me if people assigned skaters different Pokemon names...Patrick could be Mewtwo...:biggrin:

EDIT: Actually...if Daisuke is Squirtle, Patrick could be Charmander...

(having a total geek moment)

Last edited:

jaylee

Medalist
No other man in the world can make his jumps look quite as effortless as Daisuke--no one :love:

Daisuke's performance was excellent, but I have to disagree--his jumps really lacked in flow tonight. Still, great program and performance.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Daisuke's performance was excellent, but I have to disagree--his jumps really lacked in flow tonight. Still, great program and performance.

Yeah, and Daisuke sounded and looked pretty winded when he was getting off the ice.

Patrick skated very well except for that bobble! That should take the gold nicely.....

FTnoona

Final Flight
Patrick went clean. Amazing quads at the beginning. He too looks a bit tired at the end of his program.

jaylee

Medalist
That was a superb performance from Patrick Chan. Deserved standing O. He looks happy and relieved. That was just so impressive. Jumps clean as a whistle outside of the stumble on the second 3Lz. Didn't project as much as I thought he could've during the footwork, but wow, that was just great.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Chan was amazing. Tight triple lutz, but everything else was beautiful. He'll win, and he'll deserve it with a bullet. Man, that was a terrific skate.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Effortless skate, and he doesn't even look winded...training in Colorado does pay off!

It's a shame that there is so much controversy surrounding Chan's scores because it really tarnishes the fact that he is a very good skater.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Chan's face is so physically un-aesthetically un-appealing, but as far as a skater I have to hand it to him, TWO QUADS, one in combination the 4/3, and TWO 3AXELS, he is definitely the one to beat. BRAVO! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

100yen

Medalist
Interesting quote from Patrick's coach as he stepped off the ice... "See? Desire equals power" (Unless I misheard).

He must have really wanted this then because WOW :clap:!