Men's LP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hey, I like Ross and have since last season when all the newcomer talk was of Dornbush. Go Miner! Congrats! And congrats to all medalists. Have not seen Dai's lp yet but did see the short - as far as I 'm concerned he is still riveting to watch and oozes sensuality from every pore. (ok sorry for letting my admiration show!)

Puchi

On the Ice
Patrick CHAN 273.94
Daisuke TAKAHASHI 244.33
Ross MINER 223.23
Adam RIPPON 221.55
Takahito MURA 217.16
Denis TEN 210.03

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adam is barely ahead of Ross in the LP. But the SP made the difference. Ross beat Adam on the PCS, but by a negligible difference. I'm surprised that in the case of Adam, judges are so willing to forgive his painfully slow speeds when it comes to PCS.

Seriously! I was shocked to find out how painfully slow he is. Slower than the ladies. I was speechless at his scores at Nat.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists! Gold and Silver were how I wished for. Never thought Miner could win bronze! Sad for Song and Rippon!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Patrick, Daisuke, and Ross. Adam too for a great LP and being so close to the podium at the event with so many great competitors.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MissCleo

On the Ice
What an exciting finish. Love the random draw for the LP, keeps the drama going to the very end! Congrats to the medalists.

as a side note, hope that competitions can stay away from colorado for a while, it's scary to see so many skaters literally running on empty at the end of the programs

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
lol at Patrick going out onto the ice for the podium! There was no one standing there holding the gate open and he just looked around like "Uhh..."
Gah, he's adorable. :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Gender expression is not a reason to denigrate anybody. And Ross Miner is hardly "femmy", which is a matter of demeanor rather than build. Do you mean to say he's petite, ks777? So are most modern male skaters. Miner's demeanor is actually very stoic, unfussy and old-school-via-Paul-Wylie. He's extremely traditionally masculine in his presentation. I would like to see him soften it up a bit.

Wow, Daisuke got silver? Awesome! I'm so glad he did so well at high altitude. And Ross Miner? Splendid. Congrats to Patrick for winning.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Haha, this is funny. They are playing their LP music as medalests are presented and it goes from this grand orchestral theme for PChiddy to this crazy electric thing for Dicek (lol can't spell his name) back to grand orchestral for Ross. ;) I know it's just their LP music, but I thought it was amusing!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Let's all pray the Pairs event won't be a horror show. Sui/Han did some huge throws in practice, including quad twists. But doing big tricks in a full program in competition at such altitude is a different story. Let's hope also the Ladies will prove to be tough. In a way, since smaller muscle mass requires less oxygen, hopefully they are not badly affected. It is actually quite difficulty to predict which persons are affected by thin air more.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I love when the bronze medalist looks happier than the other two!

This is common. The Gold medalist of course is happy to win. The Bronze medalist is happy to make the podium, unless he has expected to win. Silver medalist is often the not so happy one for missing out on the Gold.

Puchi

On the Ice
This is common. The Gold medalist of course is happy to win. The Bronze medalist is happy to make the podium, unless he has expected to win. Silver medalist is often the not so happy one for missing out on the Gold.

That perfectly describes the 1994 World Ladies' podium (remember Surya's hissy fit?)

icebeauty

On the Ice
Yep, it was close. Pretty much came down to the SP; Adam would have been way ahead but he messed up his jump and his whole score suffered. I think overall this is a good experience for him; he definitely is one of my favorite US male skaters and I'd like to see how he can improve at Worlds!

Yes. I'd have loved to see Adam on the podium, but he's in good shape to do well at worlds. The mistakes he had at this competition are all things that he can fix/prevent at worlds. It's good to see that he's still competitieve even when he's not perfect.
What a way to end the season for Ross! This was the first year in a long time where the US nationals men's podium was exactly in the order/placement i wanted and agreed with...I love Jeremy, adore Adam, and really appreciate Ross...I get what many are saying about him being boring/flat as a skater, BUT he's the kind of skater who goes out there and just skates. Nothing's overly complicated, he just goes out there and does his job and the skating speaks for itself. Glad to see him being rewarded for it...and what a podium to land himself on...can you imagine, getting your first ISU international medal next to Takahashi and Chan? WOW!