Men's LP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

sweetskates1

Medalist
Most of the questions were directed at Chan. He mentioned that competing in Colorado felt like "being on the brink of death" and that it led to bouts of coughing. He will be taking some time off to go skiing this week and will resume training for Worlds right after. He feels confident and believes that he can win Worlds. When asked if he felt he was better than Takahashi and if there was something that he felt Takahashi was better at than him, he responded gracefully by saying that he grew up watching Daisuke and looking up to him. I can not remember much else but Chan was a sweetheart.

Takahashi was so cute. He answered in Japanese when asked about his altitude training. He basically practiced a lot and it did not seem that he had done anything special really from what the interpreter stated. He will be in Detroit working on transitions and choreography this week.

Rippon will be skating his last year's LP. I am so excited I LOVE that program even more than this year's!

Miner was gracious and did not say much.

I missed the beginning of the ceremony but also couldn't make out all they said. Hopefully there will be video soon but someone recap please? Small medal ceremony can be the fun and funniest part of a competition as they are informal and relaxed.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Oh man, that was really funny when they asked the question about preparing for Worlds and Patrick tried to palm the mic off on Ross who had to remind him that he wasn't going to Worlds!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks. What did Patrick say when he handed a question to Ross? They were laughing at that.

Ok, I saw this was answered.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Lol, yes that was funny. Ross has a nice tone to his voice and he looked so tall standing next to the others. It's funny because he is only 5'9.

Oh man, that was really funny when they asked the question about preparing for Worlds and Patrick tried to palm the mic off on Ross who had to remind him that he wasn't going to Worlds!

periperi

On the Ice
What a sucky way to spend the Chinese New Year.

I had a feeling we were going to hear news like this. I believe it was bluebonnet who mentioned Nan being taken away on a stetcher or something along those lines? I hope he's fine.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I checked the Chinese forum where they were all hurting for him. It was reported Nan was helped down the steps by 5 people including his coach. He could hardly move and was sweating buckets.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just watched Patrick's LP from Universal Sport and figured out what caused his one blemished jump. He was jinxed by the American commentator! They were marveling at his jumps after he did them one by one, and then the man said "now watch this" before his 3Lz so Patrick had to put his free foot down on landing it. Geez. Don't ever do that to a Canadian again please.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just watched Patrick's LP from Universal Sport and figured out what caused his one blemished jump. He was jinxed by the American commentator! They were marveling at his jumps after he did them one by one, and then the man said "now watch this" before his 3Lz so Patrick had to put his free foot down on landing it. Geez. Don't ever do that to a Canadian again please.

Why not? Our commentators have been doing it to American skaters for years! And yours do it too. :laugh: It does sometimes seem that way because the by the time the skater has established an aura of invincibility, it's near the end of the program, and the skater is tired just about the time the commentator says "He is perfect so far" or "Watch this".

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Why not? Our commentators have been doing it to American skaters for years! And yours do it too. :laugh: It does sometimes seem that way because the by the time the skater has established an aura of invincibility, it's near the end of the program, and the skater is tired just about the time the commentator says "He is perfect so far" or "Watch this".

Heh, I spent that entire program just wanting him to make that one mistake so I could relax.

I'm so sorry to hear about Nan Song. I guess the altitude plus whatever illness he was still recovering from must have gotten to him. Keep us posted on his progress. The sweating is very worrisome. It's possible they needed to give him intravenous rehydration, which can have an immediate good effect, and I'm sure just resting will help as well. If anyone has any news, please let us know.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I had a feeling we were going to hear news like this. I believe it was bluebonnet who mentioned Nan being taken away on a stetcher or something along those lines? I hope he's fine.

Nadine saw on the screen that Nan was carried away. I was just responding to her comment. I wish I knew more about it. Song's expression right after his LP was scary. His face and lips were white. I thought he might faint on the ice but he didn't. Hope he's feeling better by now and is recovering!