Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
So glad you started this thread, icemusings, because I noticed they switched the hours (thank goodness I checked earlier) from 11AM PST to 12PST. This worried me at first because I thought "oh no", I won't be able to watch it because it will last 3-4 hrs. like the mens & ladies did, HOWEVER THANK GOODNESS there are *only* 10 pairs competing (YEAH!) so that means it will be over in a hour at most, right? :confused:

Perfect timing, but now I'm worried about the ladies, which start at 6PM PST (I won't be here until around 7-7:30PM). I don't mind missing the first two groups, but when will the last two groups begin for ladies tonight? There are 24 competitors all together. Hmm...

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALL RIGHT, THERE ARE THE AMERICANS!!!! :clap: :yay: :rock: :love:

Both Americans look FAB per usual, but OMG another very very low turnout. :( Please, USFSA, do what Papa Henie used to do when Sonja Henie was competing in "figures", buy all the tickets and give them away for free to fill the house. :cool:

icemusings

On the Ice
So glad you started this thread, icemusings, because I noticed they switched the hours (thank goodness I checked earlier) from 11AM PST to 12PST. This worried me at first because I thought "oh no", I won't be able to watch it because it will last 3-4 hrs. like the mens & ladies did, HOWEVER THANK GOODNESS there are *only* 10 pairs competing (YEAH!) so that means it will be over in a hour at most, right? :confused:

Looks like it's scheduled to end at 4:45pm with three groups and an ice resurfacing.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Today I learned Jessica Dubé is actually older than her pairs partner Sebastien Wolfe. I didn't know that was even possible or allowed in modern pairs skating. Jessica, you cougar!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Whoever edited Denney and Coughlin's cut of East of Eden is a sadist and butcher. Just awful unmusical cuts. Rachael Flatt's skating career must be rolling in its grave.

Nadine

Record Breaker
YESSSS, they never miss! :party2: She's the best lady pair skater out there when it comes to the jumps and so is he, when it comes to the USA, incomparable! :bow: :bow: :bow:

And the music of "East of Eden" fits them both so well; their smiles tell the story. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nice skate by Caydee and John. High 3tw, SBS triples very good, lift nice, 3lzor f throw a tad scratchy on the landing; only really weak thing the pair spin.

They should go to the ice dancers to lean how to do pairs spins ;)

63.35 new S B

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Music: East of Eden by Lee Holdridge

3FTw - high
3T - solid
SlSt
Li
3LzTh - landed, but not with much speed
FiDs
PCoSp

Clean performance, they seem happy

Score: 63.35, new PB and into 1st

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: I seriously think they could easily put in a quad twist like that, their 3twist is already HUGE !!!! :eek:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job from the Canadian pair but their 3twist isn't as huge as D&S, also D&S lifts are a tad more difficult, John lifts Caydee straight up from his hip with no assistance. :eek: :cool:

However, the female in this pair has been competing for a looooooooooooong loooong time so the international panel is used to seeing her, and she has more rep points. Jmho...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jessica DUBE / Sebastien WOLFE (CAN)

Music: Three Hours Past Midnight by James Collin

3LzTw - she grabs around his shoulder on landing
3S - solid
Li
3LzTh - nice
PCoSp
SlSt
FiDs

Another solid performance

Score: 57.68, new PB and into 2nd

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dube & Wolf
All elements completed. Twist a little low and crashy, the 3S's lookecd very nice, the throw had smooth runout. I think they skated a little slower than John & Caydee. Better pair spin though. A good outing.

57.68 SB

Nadine

Record Breaker
PAIR GIRLS ARE THE TOUGHEST, HANDS DOWN, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAIRS!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :bow: :cool:

AND GO M&B!!! :clap:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 2 Of 10

1. Caydee DENNEY/John COUGHLIN (USA) - 63.35 (TES: 35.55, PCS: 27.80)
2. Jessica DUBE/Sebastien WOLFE (CAN) - 57.68 (TES: 31.28, PCS: 26.40)