Short Dance 5:30 PM EST | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Short Dance 5:30 PM EST

MissCleo

On the Ice
Geez, talk about being stingy with the points. I guess I was expecting broken records tonight, new personal bests, seasons best, etc...still great skating tho.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I hope that the Shibutanis earn the higher scores they deserve moving on. This is so not clear. How could they earn such a low score? How could they be surpassed by weaver/poje's presentation?

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Would have the Shibs and W/P flipped...Maia and Alex were on tonight and totally rocked it, should have been much closer to V&M.

veravina

Rinkside
Boy is that true! I remember when I first started following M&C, I did not think they were as good as V&M. They are every bit as good now.You really have to admire their persistence.:)

Keep in mind though Tessa's surgery and time off the ice. The loss of training still shows in their competition readiness. D&W had 2011 all to themselves.

What did the Shibutani's coaches say to them when the scores were announced that made Maia and Alex put a finger to their lips, Shhhhh." :laugh:

The Radio Canada video made everyone look tall and skinny. :)

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Watching the Radio Canada feed.. apparently Mark Ladwig and Richard Dornbush are helping patch the ice.. and someone just yelled "Hey Mark, do you need Rudi's skate?"

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, so look at the PCS for D/W and V/M. Exact tie on SS. CC goes to D/W. I, PE and TR goes to V/M. V/M win on PCS (didn't see that coming), but barely.

V/M and W/P brought the sex. D/W and Shibs bought the sizzle.

Frankly, I think the rankings of the top four are dead on. D/W were cleaner (V/M's ending really does them no favours in this department) and I think they earned it on GOEs. But D/W just don't have the flat out sex appeal of V/M, and I think that tangible, astonishing chemistry works wonders for them.

W/P and Shibs: the Shibs win TES, W/P win PCS. Which is fair. W/P go farther with their concept than the Shibs do.

jcoates, I was wrong.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What did the Shibutani's coaches say to them when the scores were announced that made Maia and Alex put a finger to their loops, Shhhhh." :laugh:

The Shibs were shushing the audience who were booing their scores.

Great skating from the top 4. Congrats!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
W/P beat the Shibs in every area of the PCS, that's why they're slightly ahead (The Shibs are ahead in TES). W/P did look very strong and expansive in their ice coverage. So I say give the judges the benefit of the doubt. I am disappointed the Shibs didn't get a higher score with a revamped SD that is vastly superior to the older version, though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What did the Shibutani's coaches say to them when the scores were announced that made Maia and Alex put a finger to their loops, Shhhhh." :laugh:

S&Z move when the crowd boos the scores-ssssh them. You look classy as a result (worked for M&C in 2009 Worlds).

Bet a cookie there were very few "Y" s given for the 2nd rhumba key point. (Judy Blumberg on tech panel)

Those kids all skated all out, but they were all out of gas at the end. Latin is too high energy for altitude. None of them were as squeaky clean tech wise as at GPF.

OTOH, Meryl & Charlie were not doing the laser eyed competitors thing either. That's the best Latin I've seen them do.