LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 17 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

FTnoona

Final Flight
Caroline has a really nice 3 loop. I've never noticed it before until nationals this year.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Don't post a lot but the whole high altitude thing is ridiculous. High altitude is essentially a fitness test....if you fail that test thats your own problem. Its an excuse and nothing more.

I really don't think altitude has anything to do with what we are seeing.

Can't let this one go by. You are absolutely wrong. Altitude has just about everything to do with what you're seeing and fitness level has NOTHING to do with it. There's just simply less oxygen for the body to take in and process through the muscles with every breath. The only solution is to spend some time at the altitude (or higher) and for athletes, do some training there.

Personal point of reference: In November I spent a couple of weeks on a trip going from essentially sea level to 1800 meters (5850 feet, similar to Colorado Springs), then up to 2400 m (7800 ft) then finally up to 3200 m (10400 ft). Lots of walking, hiking, biking, some hill climbing, etc though not the sort of burst-of-effort elite skating programs require. For the same level of activity, there is a very real and noticeable effect as you go up. You have to breathe deeper, harder, and after a big effort (like climbing a long upgrade or flight of steps), stop periodically and gasp to catch your breath. There just isn't enough oxygen saturation in the air. Fitness and acclimatization are two completely different things.

I have often wondered if rinks at altitude could be designed to be pressurized with a richer oxygen mix for competition. Besides Colorado Springs, what other international-caliber rinks/arenas are at 1600 m/5000 ft or higher?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I adore Caroline now, but she needs some heavy duty hair spray! Every single time, she gets whispies. Not attractive hun!

ETA: Look at her face...so proud of her. She must be over the moon! CAROLINE IS BACK Y"ALL!!!!!!!

Amelie had her chance here at 4CC to show SC that she was definitively the one that they should send.

I think you mean, Phaneuf had her chance here a 4CC to show SC that she was definitely the one that they should send.

Nadine said:
She failed. It was a tie.

Phaneuf failed. Lacoste won.

Nadine said:
Completely blew it.[/]

Phaneuf completely blew it.

This was Phaneuf's test to see whether she should be sent to worlds despite losing Canadian Nationals. The answer is pretty clear.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Zhang is getting consistent. But her spins excpet the last one were painful to watch. The stroking was so jarring. She's so sloooow.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
WOW! Looking solid as ever :clap: What a season...what a story!