LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 7 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

herro

On the Ice
LOL the announcer is hilarious. I swear she just called Cynthia "Cynthinie Phaneuf."

Seriously. It's getting so annoying now. I've been watching every event and she pronounces names wrong so often. She'll say one name one way during warmup. Then she'll say it a completely different way when introducing the same skater before his/her music starts. :rolleye:

evangeline

Record Breaker
what happened to Cynthia's double axel? She used to land it all the time, and now it seems to be gone

I suspect it's gone the same place as many of her other jumps in competition--vaporized by nerves. I'm sure Cynthia knows that a spot a Worlds is at stake here.....

Nadine

Record Breaker
:points::love:GOOOOOOOOOOO CYNTHIA, HIT YOUR MONSTER JUMPS, SHOW THEM HOW IT'S DONE, ESPECIALLY LACOSTE!!!:rock::party2:

lise

On the Ice
cynthia just landed a beauty of a lutz in the warm up; hope she hits it in the program

evangeline

Record Breaker
Seriously. It's getting so annoying now. I've been watching every event and she pronounces names wrong so often. She'll say one name one way during warmup. Then she'll say it a completely different way when introducing the same skater before his/her music starts. :rolleye:

I guess I just find it funny because the mispronunciations are so random! Presumably the announcer speaks English fluently, but she mixes up a perfectly English name like 'Cynthia' but pronounces 'Daisuke' correctly.

herro

On the Ice
I guess I just find it funny because the mispronunciations are so random! Presumably the announcer speaks English fluently, but she mixes up a perfectly English name like 'Cynthia' but pronounces 'Daisuke' correctly.

Oh no I was agreeing with you. I found it funny at first but it's starting to wear on me haha. Only if they would hire one of the many GSers to be announcers at official events! :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I love Cynthia's jump landings, confident, triumphant and regal as she flows out. Hope she lands them tonight. Maybe I should send her same blessing as for Patrick? It worked. ;)

herro

On the Ice
Random question.

Does anyone know if Yuka Sato speaks Japanese? Just wondering if she speaks to Haruka in her native tongue and helps translate somewhat between her and Jason.

ks777

Record Breaker
Random question.

Does anyone know if Yuka Sato speaks Japanese? Just wondering if she speaks to Haruka in her native tongue and helps translate somewhat between her and Jason.

Yes Yuka speaks Japanese of course. She was born and raised in Japan...