Jumping on the bandwagon.. | Golden Skate

Jumping on the bandwagon..

amazonprincess

Rinkside
Just an introduction, *waves* I'm new

I've been into skating for a long time (13 years if I'm correct in my counting) but haven't really followed it seriously until a couple of years ago. Some of my favorite skaters are Takeshi Honda, Brian Joubert, Shen & Xhao as well as the Japanese Ladies team (yes, all of them.. well, the one's I've managed to see skate, since networks only show select programs)

I'm hoping to spout off my strange opinions on events and suchlike, as well as expand my general knowlege of the sport.

*^_^*

Spark

Rinkside
Greetings. There certainly seems to be a lot of us new posters introducing themselves these days.

I just joined here too. I also like the skaters you've mentioned. The Japanese ladies are definitely becoming impressive. Have you seen Mao Asada? She's adorable, and she can do some outstanding jump elements. If you haven't seen her, I can post a link to a videoclip of her free skate at Japanese nationals. Fumie Suguri is my favourite Japanese female skater. Her new Mozart free skate is very suited to her light, airy style.

Anyway, welcome.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Welcome to both of you. We can always use more opinions here. Even some of the "stranger" ones.

We look forward to hearing more from both of you.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Welcome to Golden Skate.........always glad to meet another Shen and Zhao fan...........42

amazonprincess

Rinkside
Spark said:
Have you seen Mao Asada? She's adorable, and she can do some outstanding jump elements. If you haven't seen her, I can post a link to a videoclip of her free skate at Japanese nationals. [/B]

oh, could you please?

AmazonPrincess, Rixis, Spark, this is great. We always like to have new personalities and new ideas coming into the Forum. Welcome, and keep on postin'!

Mathman

Spark

Rinkside
Okay, the Mao Asada clip I mentioned is right here:

http://www.jimandmaryjo.com/MK/mao.htm

The creator of the webpage wants everyone to download the clips rather than stream them, because of bandwidth limitations.

If my sources are correct, this clip is from last season's senior nationals, when Mao was twelve years old. She landed a triple axel, a triple flip-triple loop-triple toe combination (!!!) and a triple lutz-triple loop. Some of these jumps were noticeably cheated, but they still looked pretty good. Her in-betweens need work too, but she's so young and she's got plenty of time to work on that if she can hang on to her jumping skill as her body changes. I was still impressed. The judges seemed to acknowledge these flaws, because her marks weren't outlandishly high. She finished seventh in the competition. I love that face!

That dress she's wearing in the clip looks like the exact same one Midori Ito wore to the 1996 worlds. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

You can find a clip of Miki Ando's quad on that same site, as well as plenty of others (mostly of Kwan).