Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
love the newest big stars of China! so great...

and Peter was pretty much peeing himself with joy over them...

and yeah cranky peter can be entertaining... unless it's during mens and they all do the butt spin... his rant gets pretty tiresome after 15+ skaters lol

Mirunna

Record Breaker
As much as I love T/T I simply can't watch them. She is unable to land a solo triple jump and it's heartbreaking because otherwise she is a gorgeous skater and they are such an interesting team...

evangeline

Record Breaker
Takahashi/Tran are probably the prettiest pairs skaters in the competition, but those jumps! Somebody send them to Alexei Mishin, or give them a Dartfish or something.....

jcoates

Medalist
ugh, they really need a linguist to be an announcer...

They should hire PJ for all North american skating events, she may be annoying at times, but at least she can pronounce everyone's name.

I have no issue with altitude for sports venues. It is a factor in tennis in cities like Madrid. It is clearly an issue in cycling. Federations need to plan for these things and make sure they give their athletes sufficient time and access to ensure good performances. A really fit, well-trained athlete will aclimatise faster than a less fit one. This is where doing lots of full run throughs and reps comes into play. Sui and Han clearly had no issue. Plus the World Arena has hosted more world championships than any other venue, along with nationals, 4CC, Skate America, etc. It's a perfectly fine venue. I know some of the skaters from weaker countries will have issues due to both training and travel, but that's a part of sports.

BTW, I'm glad Peter is calling out the skaters, It's needed sometimes.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN)

Music: Concerto de Quebec by Andre Mathieu

4th after SP

3FTw - nice
3S - she has hard fall, ouch!
2T - she doesn't even do single, both tries combo
BoDs
FCCoSp - ok unison
Li - lovely stretch
3STh - bad stepout
3TTh - stepout again
PCoSp
Li
ChSp
Li

Not their best, unfortunately...

Score: 109.57, total 171.11 and into 3rd

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Huge score 135 + twist was a quad for sure
Into lead

Takahashi & Tran
Japan

very musical beginning

gorgeous 3tw

Narumi falls on 3S (req'd element)

quickly up into dance lift

she pops the 1st jump of the combination

death spiral they get through it

sbs spins nice unison

lift-beautiful and easy. She has lovely back postion

3Sth two foot stepout

3Fth two foot stepout

pair spin a bit ragged and out of gas

Neat dance lift into complex changes lift

choreo spiral, very gorgeous

last lift. He's holding up. Sets her down lightly.
Not sure where this will score

Lovely couple, but hugely flawed today.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Sui and Han's PCS are a joke. She can't skate and is age ineligible too. Hopefully puberty will come soon. I wouldn't wish that if she was scored correctly and the Chinese weren't cheating. Of course its easier to throw a 12 year old into a quad throw.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
135?? The scoring at this event is absolutely ridiculous

given its the best skate so far
they were just happy to see one, with that result they will squash S/S and V/T at Worlds ! :laugh:
4CC really outscores Euros pairs alot , lol :eek:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Such a lovely delicate elegant pair, thee most refined out of all the pairs here imho (not far behind Evora & Ladwig), just too bad about the mistakes. It makes me worry for Donlan & Speroff, but Gretchen is way more consistent and better at the throw jumps, that's on their side at least. :)

missysays

On the Ice
That's too bad that TAKAHASHI / TRAN had such a hard time with their technical elements because the choreography was really nice. They had two of the nicest set of programs that I've seen in the pairs competition this season.

bekalc

Record Breaker
they were just happy to see one, with that result they will squash S/S and V/T at Worlds ! :laugh:

V/T and S/S skating skills alone are miles ahead. If S/H get 5s they deserve 15s both of them.

T&T are the most sheerly beautiful pair out there ... and they have THE loveliest lifts of all... but...

Why did she do a jump all by herself after they (or he) messed one up? I guess it was supposed to be a combo and he didn't bother with the second one?

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Can you imagine Sui/Han beating both V/T ans S/S at worlds? While it's unlikely V/T will bomb, S/S have a history of disaster performances I don't even want to remember...
OK, 109 for T/T? This is getting so a absurd, it's actually funny